London Development Officer
Salary: £30,438 including London weighting (pro-rated based on working hours)
Hours: Up to 22.5 hours (three days) per week to include Tuesdays.
Location: London, with considerable regular travel throughout London. There will be very occasional travel to Bristol and other parts of the UK.
Contract: Fixed Term to 31st January 2022 with possibility of extension.
We are currently looking to recruit a positive, highly organised and pro-active individual to support the delivery and co-ordination of a programme of targeted training and support to city farms and community gardens in London. You will help to improve their long-term viability, thereby contributing to the sustainability of vibrant local communities throughout the capital.
Social Farms & Gardens provides support and a national voice for a broad spectrum of initiatives, which are united by one thing – they use land-based activities to benefit individuals and communities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Training and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of community gardens/ city farms in London and knowledge or experience of Newham or similar borough or working with community gardens/farms in housing estates in a large UK city
- Knowledge of writing funding bids or tendering for contracts and understanding of costs associated with these bids and tenders and the importance of financial sustainability
- Networking and partnership building skills
- Ability to monitor and evaluate programs and write or input into reports
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets and work with a data base to extract and input information.
- Up to date and inclusive practices in relation to community food growing
- Knowledge of a national/ UK wide membership organisation
- Ability to use social media and write content as well as write content and put together newsletters
Closing date: Midday Monday 8th February 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 22nd February 2021 (will be held over video call)
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the full job description and application form.
No agencies please.