We have an exciting opportunity available for a Marketing Communications Assistant who is enthusiastic, has a creative flair and keen to contribute to make an impact in helping more people with serious mental difficulties access support to find employment of their choosing.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) supports people with serious mental health difficulties to find the employment of their choosing. 70-90% of people with mental health issues would like to work, but only 37% are in paid employment. For people with severe mental illness, it’s just 7%. Evidence-based models, such as IPS, have a track record of delivering outstanding job outcomes for this group.
NHS England has committed to doubling access to IPS for people with severe mental health problems by 2020/21. In order to achieve this, services across the country will need to employ over 400 additional IPS employment specialist and team leaders. To support services to mobilise quickly, deliver high quality IPS, and achieve strong employment outcomes, they have decided to commission an IPS infrastructure support programme.
The programme will aim to ensure that commissioners, mental health trusts and IPS providers have access to strategic and practical technical support to develop and deliver high quality services. This will include:
- Hands-on operational and local support, delivered through a network of IPS experts;
- Workforce development support, including assisting to develop free-to-use training materials and targeted recruitment support for providers; and
- Tools to support effective monitoring and reporting of outcomes, including a prototype case management system.
We are looking for a part-time (2-3 day per week) Marketing Communications Assistant to support the Marketing & Recruitment Lead. They will be passionate about changing people’s lives for the better, will be proactive and creative with good organisational skills. They will have excellent attention to detail and a creative flair to boost the profile of IPS.
- Create and edit content in collaboration with Marketing & Recruitment Lead for offline and/or digital marketing channels, such as website, social media, marketing materials, blogs or newsletters, ensuring that brand guidelines are met in order to achieve marketing objectives
- Publish editorial, creative and video content via social media e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter
- Daily monitoring and management of social media communications
- Source, purchase and quality assure marketing goods and services from external suppliers
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of marketing activity through creation of written planning and evaluation documents and presentations
- Use content management software to publish and refresh effective online content
- Use appropriate primary and secondary research methods including survey tools and desktop research to gather marketing insight or evaluation, and inform marketing decisions, planning and delivery
- Monitor marketing expenditure and activities to a specified budget and plan, ensuring invoices are processed efficiently
- Write, edit and proof copy as required including case studies, job adverts and external communications
- Establish and maintain effective day to day relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support marketing activities
- To deliver all work accurately, ensuring materials are fully editing, proofread and signed off by relevant product and business owners. Ensure all marketing materials meet legal, compliance and regulatory requirements and comply with IPS Grow brand guidelines
- Develop content for bi-monthly newsletter
- Act as an ambassador for the IPS service in conversations with local and national stakeholders and be committed to telling its inspiring stories in a sensitive, diplomatic and responsible way
- Any other duties commensurate with role
- No specific sector experience is necessary
- Understanding of marketing theory, concepts and basic principles
- Understanding of brand theory and how marketing fits within organisational structures and processes
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading techniques
- Experience of planning and maintaining offline and digital assets
- Awareness of social media platforms
- Ability to use a website content management system to publish text, images and video content
- Proven experience of writing persuasive text to meet a marketing communications objective, using common copywriting techniques such as adapting writing style to ensure it is appropriate to different channels in line with organisational brand guidelines
- Ability to plan and coordinate a marketing activity comprising several different marketing tactics
- Ability to anticipate, support and build credibility and effective working relationships, both within and outside Social Finance. You are able to summarise and disseminate information effectively, have excellent writing, listening and inter-personal skills.
You are a team player and also have the ability to work independently, are receptive to feedback and use it to continually improve and are able to effectively represent Social Finance.
Our Commitment to You
Personal development is at the heart of the Social Finance offer. Every employee has a range of support in place, a buddy to help settle within the Company and a Line Manager to support you in your career progression.
As well as a salary in the region of £21,000 (dependant on experience), Social Finance offers a contributory stakeholder pension scheme. We also offer season ticket loans, bike to work schemes and Give as you Earn via salary sacrifice.
Encouraging community and wellbeing is important to us. Whilst recognising that time in the office is valuable to building relationships and fostering community, Social Finance are also open to a range of flexible working options to support our people. We have also recently developed a health & wellbeing plan to encourage better working practices for individuals.
Diversity and Inclusion
We value diversity and believe that our people require a range of skills and life experiences to further our impact across a range of social issues and systems. We are committed to having an inclusive culture and working environment in which everyone feels at home and is supported to achieve their potential. We know there is further to go and are implementing a Diversity and Inclusion strategy with a group of external experts to hold us to account. We actively welcome applications from underrepresented and minoritised groups, including those with lived experience of the social issues we are working to address. We are an equal opportunities employer.