We are currently recruiting for a dynamic and passionate individual to join us as a Deputy Manager to join our forensic mental health step-down services based in Croydon, Greater London, in driving continuous improvement and supporting people experiencing severe mental health issues and complex needs towards positive, sustainable recovery.
Working alongside the Service Manager, you will help deliver the highest standards of service quality, performance, and improvements across their service through excellent leadership and embodiment of the values of the organisation. This role will be busy and varied, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the skills within the team are deployed effectively, ensuring all staff have appropriate training and development plans in place, supporting with staff appraisals and supervisions and implementing the organisations' policies and procedures all while ensuring the highest level of care is delivered to service users.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is passionate about promoting positive outcomes and independence for the people we support. Along with sound knowledge and practical application of key legislations including Mental Health Act; Health and Social Care Act and others, you will have the ability to work flexibly and respond to the changing needs of our service users within an environment that is empathetic but firm in their approach to supporting both our staff members and those we support.
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
- NVQ / Diploma Level 4 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health or professional equivalent
- Direct experience of service delivery within a mental health environment or similar services
- Team management experience with the ability to work under challenging circumstances
- A good understanding of the needs of vulnerable households, both families and single individuals
- Proven ability to provide clear leadership and management to a team
- Experience of housing management including voids and evictions
- Knowledge and practical application of key legislation – mental health, criminal justice, social care and housing etc
- Ability to influence and form strong relationships with commissioning bodies and professional agencies
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.