We are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join us as the Director of Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk to play a key role in ensuring and providing high standards of audit for compliance, governance, and risk management within the Social Interest Group.
You will work at the heart of the audit, compliance and risk directorate and be responsible for leading on this, as well as ensuring our policies and procedures are fit for purpose; psychologically informed and are used correctly and understood across the Group. You will advise and lead colleagues on matters of internal control, compliance, best practice, and strategic importance and ensure improvement plans from any audit or monitoring are shared appropriately.
The role will require a skilled professional with strong internal audit, risk and governance experience, as well as ideally experience within a registry, professional or regulatory environment operating at a senior level. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills; proven experience of audit leadership and has dynamic interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills, alongside the gravitas which this post demands.
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
- Responsible for leading the audit, compliance, and risk directorate within the Group.
- Audit and evidence our best practice and the quality and performance of the Group and subsidiaries through the audit process.
- Responsible for the accident, near miss and incident (AINMs) reviewing and monitor for patterns, areas of concern, risk management and safeguarding.
- Develop and continually improve the risk management, auditing, and safeguarding elements of what we do and how we work across all areas of the charity against regulatory and statutory rules and regulations
- Ensure effective management of the processes of any legal hearings against the Group, appeals regarding the same, judgements, complaints and GDPR requests.
- Responsible for agreeing the terms of reference and coordination of any internal investigation following AINMs, oversee the correct investigation process is followed, in a timely manner and any regarding staffing issues for disciplinaries and grievances
- To work closely with the Service teams to learn from AINMs and cascade best practice.
- Extensive experience of supporting and advising Board and senior committees, with audit, risk and governance experience preferably gained within a registry, professional or regulatory environment
- Experience of handling complex appeals and investigations
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety regulations, monitoring and reporting Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with the peers, reports, colleagues and supporting professional bodies
- Working knowledge regarding Equality legislation and practice
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with both internally and externally with outside agencies and bodies
- Proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships
- Ability to maintain accurate records and write clear reports using bespoke software and branded packages
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide employment references covering the last 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.