The Social Interest Group is made up of charities who are experts in working with adults who have the most complex and chaotic lives; enabling and empowering them with the skills and resilience to live healthy and fulfilled lives. We are ambitious and creative and persistent in the way we work ensuring we achieve high impact outcomes in all we do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and driven Specialist Lead to oversee the clinical aspect of our services. This post is a key role - using your skills and experience you will shape our models of delivery, shape our strategy as well as define and promote best practice.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your specialist knowledge as well as your coaching and empowering people skills.
JOB PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND:
The Social Interest Group’s aim is to improve the quality of life of our service users, building confidence and skills to allow them to live independently while playing an active role in their communities. We view all our service users as individuals with specific needs, treating them with respect and dignity, and focusing on achieving real results.
This role is responsible for:
- Developing a Health Strategy for the group
- Provide clinical oversight to the relevant aspects of our services
- Providing strategic and senior operational leadership and knowledge for clinical delivery within the group, developing our expertise to lead the field in innovative practice and high professional standards
- Ensuring a high level of in-house technical expertise and understanding as regards clinical health care across all staff tiers.
- Building, developing and maintaining key business, strategic and partnership relationships
- Ensuring our clinical offer is in compliance with appropriate statutory regulation and professional bodies
- Establishing evidence to confirm that the Clinical and health service offer within the group is having a direct impact on better outcomes for customers and enabling better partnership working with key stakeholders
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in developing any new polices / procedures required linked to our clinical and health strategy
- To lead and supervise on the clinical work of the Service Managers as required
- To ensure best practice across clinical service delivery in alignment with NICE Guidelines
- To co-ordinate and facilitate Reflective Case Management and how the group shares learning from this
- To participate in the auditing of services
- To assist with the recruitment of clinical and other health staff for the group
- To keep oversight of and provide direction on the management of the interface with clinicians
- To lead on research initiatives to evidence the effectiveness of our clinical offer that will provide on-going evaluations and review for the group
- To ensure awareness and understanding of policy development and change within legislation to ensure the group keeps abreast of any regulatory/practice change
- Maintain an up-to-date level of clinical knowledge through continuous development and / or training
- Maintain a key understanding of the correlation between physical health, mental health and substance misuse and align our in-house offer to include this agenda
- Skilled practitioner in their field with knowledge / understanding of the sector
- Has recent management experience in delivering excellent clinical services in the statutory, voluntary or third sector
- Has a proven track record identify and deliver new practice models
- Experience of use of flexible, responsive management styles to elicit performance and motivate, support and direct clinical staff
- A history of building and maintaining relationships, internally and externally, through effective communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise resources, to effectively meet Corporate / role objectives
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation and best practice in clinical provision, and the ability to use this knowledge to enhance the offer to service users and staff
- Understand the commercial offer that underpins contracted services
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework for health registered CQC provision
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal skills (face-to-face and public speaking) and written communication skills
- An ability to represent the organisation and influence key decision makers
- An ability to inspire and lead programmes of change from inception to completion
- A strong team working ethic and fundamentally accepts and owns the ethos and values of the Social Interest Group
- Essential - Professional Clinical Qualification- Specialist RMN/NMP, or equivalent
DECISION MAKING ACCOUNTABILITY
- Clinical governance, Safety and Quality of specialist interventions and Innovative practice
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health & Safety are properly understood and discharged as defined in the group’s Health & Safety Policy and that Health & Safety concerns are promptly and clearly communicated to the appropriate people.
- Comply fully with the group’s policies and procedures including the standing orders and financial regulations.
- Comply with the Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- Comply with GDPR
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required
- You will be required to work some early morning, late evenings, or at the weekends to deliver project objectives
- The key tasks listed above are only an indication of the main tasks required to be performed. It is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be subject to amendment to take account of changing circumstances. Any changes will be made following discussion with the role holder. The role holder will need to ensure they remain co-operative and flexible undertaking all tasks as required in line with the Group’s values, policies/procedures and regulations