We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and experienced fundraising professional to join our Development team as the Head of Fundraising and Relationships to lead on the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy, ensuring its sustainability for the future.
Working closely with the Director of Development, Marketing and Communications and other key departments, the role will be responsible for building funding relationships with existing and new strategic donors; generating income through developing large, multi-year and strategic funding proposals in order to increase and diversify funding streams.
The successful candidate will manage a small, but well-performing team, leading them to success as well as instilling a fundraising culture. If you are a well-established innovative fundraising leader looking for the opportunity to draw on your experiences in order to create and deliver a dynamic fundraising strategy focused on growth, then we would like to hear from you!
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
- Lead from the front in cultivating and managing donor relationships and serve as an active ambassador for the Social Interest Group in the charity fundraising world
- Monitor and deliver the strategic funding plan for the group, that will include exploring and developing new sources of funding to ensure the charity’s long-term financial sustainability, whilst working within the current challenges and opportunities
- Develop and lead a multi-faceted campaign to identify and/or build new donors for the Group resulting in robust, reliable and diverse income streams from individual donors, grant making trusts and corporate supporters
- Responsible for the management of all funding applications including identification of opportunity and writing. Support will be provided by a team of writers
- Maximise on potential opportunities to bring in new donors and build the charity’s contact base
- Evidence of having successfully cultivated new relationships and partnerships that have resulted in tangible outcomes, including a track record of securing multiple five and six figure donations
- Substantial donor management experience, including a proven track record of successfully securing multi-year grants from institutional donors and of handling subsequent reporting requirements
- Track record in developing and managing a complex donor pipeline from cultivation, to bid presentation and ongoing relationship management
- Ability to comfortably engage with, shaping and presenting organisational messages effectively to a variety of difference audiences
- Knowledge of charity law and fundraising/donor relationship management best practice and approaches
Why work with us?
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
The Social Interest Group is wanting its workforce to truly reflect the people we support. We are therefore committed to recruiting, retaining and developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that we serve. All job applicants are encouraged regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination.
We particularly welcome applicants who are significantly under-represented in our sector/organisation, including, women, disabled people and black and minority ethnic candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.