Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are currently recruiting for a Housing and Resettlement Worker to join our services in Bedford to successfully motivate and inspire Service Users to learn new skills, build in confidence and take positive risk that enables them to move on successfully. You will provide pathways, support and appropriate interventions to enable successful move on and resettlements and access to meaningful activities and ultimately employment.
The successful candidate will have direct experience of working with adults who have mental health and complex needs; homeless or those at risk of homelessness. You must be able to demonstrate your understanding of the housing and social needs of this client group, therefore if you are passionate about improving the lives of people we support, then we want to hear from you.
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox, SIG Investments and Pathways to Independence.
- Plan and co-ordinate with the service users their individual support and resettlement packages for the Service User liaising with agreed agencies, health and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
- Ensuring service users has access to appropriate methodologies and inventions to encourage and support their engagement and progress towards positive move on.
- To assist the Service Manager in managing health & safety, maintenance, rent/charges collection, arrears and void control, across the team
- Ensure welfare benefits are in place if applicable, and assist them in making their claims in order to maximise their income if not in place.
- Constantly ensure that the service user has the tools and confidence to control and choose their own goals and the steps to be taken
- Assist service users with arrangements for moving into their move on property, ensuring benefits are applied for, utilities connected, maintenance problems resolved and that the property is properly furnished
- Provide and arrange various external advice, advocacy and information in order for service users not to become dependent on the service.
- Appropriate professional qualification: NVQ / Diploma level 3 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health / Housing or professional equivalent
- Experience of working with residents who may have mental health issues/ personality disorders/ forensic mental health backgrounds / substance misuse / offenders and whose chaotic lives challenge service provision
- On the job experience of developing support plans with service users and providing motivation and inspiration with appropriate interventions for service user and liaising with other professional to bring the plans to fruition
- Experience of housing management
- Proven evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing and mental health
- Excellent and proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships
- Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with service users external agencies
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you!
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide employment references covering the last 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.