We are currently recruiting for a progressive Learning and Development professional to join our People & Culture team as a Learning and Development Officer based in London. Leading the full cycle of development planning, the ideal candidate will partner with People and Culture colleagues to develop an internal talent pool and a structured system for succession planning.
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the successful candidate will be expected to build and enhance the workforce development strategy that engages all employees, promotes the SIG vision and create a culture of coaching and feedback, empowering employees to achieve their full potential.
You will be confident in using research and will use your knowledge, excellent presentation and writing skills to develop training resources to support the wider organisation. Passionate about collaboration and engagement, you will be enthusiastic and self-motivated to inspire, influence and engage others, striving to embed a culture of coaching and empowerment to improve employee engagement.
- To promote the organisation’s commitment to investment in personal development as a means of improving employee morale and engagement.
- To work with People and Culture team colleagues to ensure all learning and development requirements are met.
- To be the first point of contact for all training inquiries and activity.
- Coordinate all training activity, book delegates, venues and training providers and process all associated administration.
- Manage the internal training system to ensure course information and training records are kept up to date.
- Source and partner with a network of external training providers ensuring they have a deep understanding of the business requirements.
- Identify and compile a portfolio of learning and development interventions compatible with business needs.
- To work with People and Culture colleagues and management teams to identify gaps in performance and take appropriate measures to address.
- Ensure training systems and programmes are compatible with business growth targets and individual career progression.
- Resource and embrace innovative and contemporary learning techniques, such as e-learning, and work with People and Culture colleagues to embed across the business.
- To work with People and Culture colleagues and management teams to develop an internal talent pool through identification of high potential and targeted career mapping.
- To work with People and Culture colleagues to design and deliver new employee induction.
- To research and implement a training evaluation system to measure the effectiveness of training interventions and ROI.
- To positively promote an environment within the Group which respects and values the diversity of both staff and service users.
- To be a visible and approachable support service to both managers and employees.
- To take responsibility for personal growth and development and to ensure that professional knowledge is up to date and accurate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Highly organised and efficient with the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Works with a highly professional and flexible approach
- Innovative and a creative thinker
- Must be proficient in the use of LMS and HR systems
- Must be self-motivated, persistent and diligent and willing to network
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills are essential
- High level of confidentiality and ethical standards/values
- Positive, “Can Do” attitude
- Ideally CIPD qualified or with experience commensurate with the qualification, or working towards Level 3
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.