Do you have a genuine passion and felt purpose to help people? Would you say that you believe everyone deserves a second chance regardless of their past circumstances? Would you like to be part of an organisation that supports, cares and empowers these individuals?
If you have said yes to all the above, then this could be the perfect role for you!
We are looking for a motivated Offender Outreach Support Worker to join our dynamic team in Luton to provide proactive support to service users who may have a history of/or at risk of offending/re-offending due to mental health concerns. This exciting role will see the Outreach Support Worker working with residents providing one to one support as well as other key engagement activities. Working in partnership with Luton's Community Mental Health Team (CMHT), the post holder will support them to further develop their talents and self-belief, whilst managing their mental health and well-being.
The post holder will also be expected to:
- Encourage, inspire and motivate residents to develop the required skills to build confidence and move into safe, successful independent living within the community
- Provide robust risk management, sharing information with probation and other partners to help keep your service users safe
- Work closely with the organisation’s staff and clients and in order to develop a successful service
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox, SIG Investments and Pathways to Independence.
- To provide outreach periodically, to service users who may be due release from prison and have been having input from the Mental Health in-reach team.
- Plan and co-ordinate individual support and resettlement packages for the service user, liaising with the appropriate agencies and care professionals to ensure successful delivery of the plans.
- Ensure all individuals assigned to case load have a comprehensive assessment fully completed to a suitably high standard.
- Support in the improvement and involvement of carers (informal or otherwise), in managing theirs and the service users health outcomes.
- Support those who may have had recent contact with liaison and diversion services and open to recovery services, in identifying changes in needs/risks.
- Ensure timely information sharing with Offender Managers and other key stakeholders to support robust risk management and positive resettlement outcomes
- Develop and maintain good community relationships within the locality particularly direct neighbours and other interested parties.
- Appropriate professional qualification: NVQ / Diploma level 3 in Health & Social Care / Mental Health / Housing or professional equivalent
- Experience of working with individuals who have an offending history, or who are at risk of offending
- Practical experience of drafting and agreeing support plans and providing appropriate interventions for service user
- Experience of working with individuals who have; diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health conditions, learning disabilities, homeless or those at risk of homelessness, offending behaviour
- Proven evidence and experience of successful reintegration of service users into the community
- Understanding and practical application of key legislation regarding social care, housing and mental health
- Excellent and proven ability to form effective positive and motivational relationships
- Able to influence and negotiate positive outcomes with service users external agencies
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
If you wish to work with this challenging yet rewarding client group then this could be a perfect opportunity for you!
All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and provide employment references covering the last 5 years period including one from your most recent employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.