The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox and SIG Investments.
Project CATE (Community Action to Thrive & Enable) is a 12-month pilot service to provide a specialist outreach service in Bedfordshire to work with wider partners as part of the Conditional Caution Pathway. Its purpose is to help bridge the current gap in providing much needed access into current provisions and enabling engagement for a complex and extremely hard to reach group of vulnerable women and ensuring they remain engaged.
During this 12-month fixed term contract, the Specialist Women’s Support Coordinator (SWSC) will receive referrals from You Turn Futures and wider partners, to offer additional trauma-informed wraparound support coordination and all the expertise and specialist knowledge of SIG Penrose in supporting vulnerable women who:
- have a history of drug and/or alcohol misuse
- a history of offending or who are at risk of offending
- are at risk more widely from exploitation
Working with the Service Manager and Senior Management Team, you will support the implementation of this new pilot service, identifying potential issues and proposing solutions. You will adopt a strength-based, non-judgmental approach with the clients you support, whilst also being vigilant on identifying and managing risks, including safeguarding of vulnerable adults and children.
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience of working with women in a residential or outreach setting and/or with women with multiple and complex needs. You will be passionate and motivated to help vulnerable people make positive and lasting changes to their lives and a belief that everyone can turn their life around regardless of past or present circumstances.
- Provide support to ensure that the pilot service is delivered in line with contractual requirements, and all contractual and legislative requirements are being met.
- Ensure that all Service Users have appropriate recovery and support plans completed in a timely fashion and are monitored and reviewed at regular intervals or as required
- Have a proactive approach to rehabilitation, resettlement, recovery and safeguarding practice and ensure the methodology of Psychologically Informed Environments is adhered to and implemented across the service.
- Support and encourage Service User Involvement and Engagement locally and at the wider organisational level initiatives.
- Provide support in the planning and maintaining the Service’s budget and report on budget variances including the use of service user’s engagement budget, and collection of outstanding invoices.
- Support the Service Manager in building and maintaining close links and good relationships with local community groups and representatives ensuring that the local partners have a good understanding of the purpose and working of the scheme.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance or equivalent
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals who may have mental health issues / substance misuse / learning disabilities / challenging chaotic behaviours
- Working knowledge of supporting women with multiple needs
- Understanding and support in harm minimisation
- Experience of working with women and/or women’s services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships, demonstrate empathy and be non-judgemental,
- ICT competency and experience of Case Management Systems
- Ability to monitor, analyse and report on large volumes of data
- Experience of identifying and managing risk
- Ability to Multi-task, prioritise and organise self and workload.
Benefits of working with us:
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.