About the role
Reporting to our Head of Audit, Compliance & Risk (HACR) and based in the Finance & Operations Department, this role plays an important part in supporting Social Investment Business (SIB) to:
- implement quality and customer care principles in people management and delivering services to customers, and to ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001-2015
- manage risk in line with good practice, and
- make timely payments to grantees, investees, employees and suppliers
- Maintain and update a range of registers after internal and external audits and complaints investigations have been completed; initiating follow-up actions with others according to pre-set as well as ad-hoc deadlines.
- Maintain and update the SIB policies & Procedures Register, keeping an overview of dates on which policies and procedures are due for revision and diarising these for action. Ensuring the register is updated and available for inspection at audits.
- Input to the risk register update in preparation for circulation of quarterly risk register updates to Directors’ Group, Audit & Finance Committee and SIB Joint Board.
- Circulate the monthly Key Performance Indicator table to owners and input to the analysis of results for circulation to monthly Directors’ Group meetings and to quarterly Board meetings.
- Maintain the purchase order system and maintain and update the supplier register; track contract extension dates for long term supplier relationships and, work with colleagues across SIB for completion of follow-up actions.
- Support the HACR with preparation for ISO internal audits and external assessments and the annual Quality Management System review update to Directors Group.
- Working closely with the Treasury Officer, prepare for and make weekly payments to SIB grantees, investees, employees and suppliers following laid down procedures.
- Work within the organisation's processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Contribute to the knowledge management, equality, diversity and inclusion and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
- In agreement with HACR undertake other tasks that support the achievement of SIB’s objectives as required.
- To work in accordance with our five core values.
Able to demonstrate:
- Basic understanding of how approaches to quality and customer care impacts on everyday working practices and behaviour.
- Basic understanding of risk management principles and how these contribute to achievement of an organisation’s strategic objectives.
- High level competence in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of how Equality, Diversity and Inclusion may contribute to an organisation’s success.
- Experience in the maintenance of a range of records and registers.
- Experience of working in teams and across teams in an organisation, and of effectively communicating and working together with others to achieve individual and organisational objectives.
- Experience of managing own workload and prioritising a range of different tasks to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, and how this sector is different from the private and statutory sectors (local and central government).
SIB uses Salesforce as its CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and XERO as its finance system. Training in the use of both systems will be provided to the successful candidate.
The talent we are looking for does not discriminate and we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.