About the role
Reporting to our Business Development Manager this is an exciting entry level role supporting the Enterprise and Development Team of one of the UK’s leading social investors.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do, is organised and has excellent attention to detail. Someone who is flexible with a “can do” attitude and who has a desire to get involved within a fast-paced team. If that is you and you can also bring in new ideas and are keen to get involved with the wider team projects as well as collaborate across the organisation then this could be a really exciting opportunity to add value and be a part of our values led organisation.
1. Collate and manage updates and reporting on the new business pipeline
2. Review and screen new tendering opportunities
3. Support BD Manager to prepare bid responses for invitations to tender from funders, investors and other key client groups
4. Support the BD Manager and wider team where necessary with the preparation of new business presentations
5. Support the delivery of projects to improve the efficiency of the business development team
6. Flexibly support the team on a range of projects and administrative tasks.
7. To work within the organisation's processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
8. Contribute to the knowledge management and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
9. In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks that support Social Investment Business’ objectives as required.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Effective time management
· Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent customer service skills
· Advanced Excel skills
· Understanding of the social investment or grant-making market in the UK