About the role
Reporting to our Director of Finance and Operations this role is responsible for the content and statutory reporting outputs produced by the finance function including the annual financial accounts and any HMRC/tax requirements such as VAT and PAYE. In addition this role will support business partnering across the organisation to enable group finance reporting to support the delivery of SIB’s strategy and focus. In particular the ability to ensure our structures (charity with commercial subsidiaries), processes and controls are robust.
We are looking for someone who: Is self motivated, pro-active, has excellent relationship management skills, a strategic thinker and someone who is able to adapt and be flexible in a very demanding and busy environment. You will be extremely comfortable with technology and cloud based systems and ideally have experience of working with remote teams.
- To be a trusted business partner across SIB working with all teams to support accurate financial reporting.
- To manage the framework for all legal entities at an individual and group level and ensure there is understanding across the finance team and wider organization as part of this provide reporting on this to Directors Group/and or the Board or other external parties as appropriate.
- Understand the financial implications and requirements of all contracts/sub-contracts/agreements in place relating to all group companies, partners, consortia, funders etc. and within the appropriate law and accounting practice (Companies Act, Charity law, SORP, Partnership Act etc
- Produce annual draft Group accounts and supporting schedules in line with agreed audit timetable with clear links to SIB’s annual impact report.
- Treasury management for the group, including supporting the credit function through business partnering; multi-year cash flow forecasting; automated secure payment run processes.
- Responsibility for finance procedures and policies related to group accounting and embedding and implementing these across the finance function and wider organization with a particular emphasis on fraud prevention and effective controls/segregation of duties.
- Tax management for the group including VAT and partial exemption.
- Responsible for providing clear frameworks for future scenario forecasting and modelling in relation to new
and existing funds or grant programmes
- Line manage , support and where appropriate provide cover for our Finance Assistant.
- Support the annual budgeting process
- Attend committees and other meetings to represent Finance when appropriate
- To manage external stakeholder relationships with HMRC/Bank/Auditors
- To be responsible for managing relevant & related tasks across the team
- To ensure contractual financial reporting with partners or external funding providers is in place and monitored effectively, working closely with the Management Accountant, Grants and Loans teams to ensure accuracy
- To work within the organisation's processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system, ensuring the finance manual is up to date.
- Contribute to the knowledge management and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
- In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks that support The Social Investment Business’ objectives as required.
- ACCA or ICAEW Qualified Accountant
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills, external and internal customer focused; assertive and with leadership skills
- Flexible and adaptable as a team player
- Influencing skills – motivating teams and individuals
- Excellent planning skills and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The post demands the ability to present and report financial information to a high standard (tables, graphics etc.) to write clear and concise reports and to make confident verbal presentations
- Excellent and up to date accountancy, tax and compliance experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience of efficient financial procedures and robust internal controls
- Competent user with demonstrable experience of cloud based/electronic financial process including ensuring effective control mechanisms
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strategic thinker and innovative – willing to try new ideas and test new ways of doing things
- Commitment to equalities and customer care
- Good knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, local and central government and the statutory sector as a whole.
- Previous experience of Xero
The talent we are looking for does not discriminate and we believe in being inclusive and giving everyone an equal chance to succeed. Applications are welcome from all regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, race, sexual orientation, transgender status or social economic background.