Role Profile – Marketing and Social Media Officer
Social Investment Business provide finance to create fairer communities and improve people’s lives. We do this by providing the money and support they need directly, partnering to support them effectively and, using our knowledge to inform our own work and influence others.
The last 18 months have been extraordinary ones for Social Investment Business. The team has assessed over 3500 applications, disbursed over £30m of grants, and invested over £24m: all in addition to work that was originally planned before Covid. Since 2018, we have become the strategic grants partner to Access and Power to Change, helped win and establish the £200m Youth Endowment Fund, and hosted the Social Investment Forum and the Diversity Forum. And we have a burgeoning reputation as a sector leader in data analysis and insights.
It is a hugely exciting time to join the organisation: we are growing and investing in our expert team, and building on the successes of the last few years. We believe this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is as passionate as we are about strengthening organisations, investing in communities, and improving people’s lives across the UK. If you have the same level of enthusiasm and commitment to that mission, and also to continuous improvement and learning, this could be the role for you.
Since 2004, Social Investment Business has deployed and managed over £400m of loans and grants into over 2,000 organisations and enabled almost 1,000 more to get dedicated support through our programmes. Social Investment Business is a values-led organisation and as such we expect all colleagues to live by the values which underpin what we do and how we do it.
Our values are:
• Put People First
• Be Curious
• Be Bold
• Be Collaborative
• Be Accountable
At SIB we want our team to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our organisation to be one where different backgrounds, experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop.
This means that when recruiting we actively seek to reach a diverse pool of candidates. It also means that we are happy to make changes to the recruitment process and to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential candidates may have as a future employee of SIB in order to reach their full potential.
.About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Marketing and Social Media Officer to join our Learning and Influence Team as part of the Social Investment Business organisation. Reporting to our Policy Lead this role will assist in shaping our marketing, digital and public relations strategies.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can create compelling communications showcasing our programmes and funds
- Can provide expertise and oversight in the shaping and embedding of SIB’s external messaging
- Can produce accessible and well-written marketing materials for our programmes and funds
- Is a strong and effective communicator using a variety of digital media
- Can support formal and informal engagement with SIB’s customers and the internal team
- Is an enthusiastic self-starter with a commitment to open and transparent communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Working with the Director of Learning and Influence to shape the Marketing Strategy, including developing and managing campaigns, messages and stakeholder relations.
- Developing and implementing marketing plans for specific funds, working with our delivery partners and sub-contractors, as appropriate.
- Working with the Director of Learning and Influence and delivery leads to develop and implement a digital strategy including email marketing, website, social media, search marketing (SEO), pay per click advertising as well as content management.
- Supporting the Director of Investments in delivering new business strategies by providing market analysis and data, publicity plans, key messages and event support as necessary.
- Building relations with marketing contacts in partner, investee and other stakeholder organisations.
- Working with the CEO, Director of Learning and Influence and Policy Lead to shape the Communications and Public Relations Strategy, including developing and managing campaigns, messages and stakeholder relations.
- Editing, managing and checking for consistency in style and messaging a wide range of content and publications as required including newsletters, brochures and reports, case studies, blogs, articles, website content, e-newsletter content.
- Working with the Policy Lead to liaise with external networks – national, third sector and key regional press contacts, other communications managers – to increase the reach of SIB’s work and to disseminate it widely.
- Staying on top of sector press and news stories and flagging appropriate opportunities for SIB to exercise influence and develop an authoritative voice on matters related to social investment and the development of the social economy.
- To work within the organisation's processes and procedures required to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Work with the Policy Lead to develop and implement SIB's public affairs strategy, and identify regular opportunities for blogs, op-eds and publish evidence and reports.
- Liaise with the Learning Lead, Data Analyst, and Head of Data Lab to determine regular data insights to share via SIB's external channels.
- Contribute to the knowledge management, equality, diversity and inclusion and learning priorities in SIB’s strategy and support the implementation and delivery of the strategy.
- Experience of creating impactful marketing materials and campaigns utilising multiple channels and platforms.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of qualitative research, including conducting interviews, developing case studies and drawing insights from talking to customers and key informants.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write accurate, engaging and crisp copy for a range of different channels.
- Technical knowledge of website management and working with a range of different CMS such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Good organisational, planning, and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite apps, including Acrobat Pro DC, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.
In addition to salary, SIB offer a generous rewards package which includes:
- Agile working
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Group life assurance – Death in service scheme which pays three times annual salary
- EAP & WeCare – confidential counselling, wellbeing, GP & information services
- Perkbox – free access to over 200 exclusive perks
- Wellbeing benefit
- Remote Working benefit
- Access to training, personal and professional development
- Digital Detox afternoons
- Cycle scheme
- Volunteering and visits – the opportunity to volunteer at or visit one of the many charities and social enterprises we support.
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits