How to apply
Head of UK Theatre
If you are passionate about the UK’s performing arts scene and have experience of business management at a strategic level, this is an exceptional opportunity to take on a high-profile role supporting the trailblazers of the UK’s theatre and performing arts industry.
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and the UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) are organisations that work with and on behalf of our Members to champion theatre, promote the performing arts and strengthen the theatre community.
Our Members include producers, theatre owners and managers who present shows in major commercial and grant-aided theatres, both in the capital and across the UK.
We have an exciting opportunity for a determined individual to join us as the Head of UK Theatre and drive the ongoing success of UK Theatre and SOLT.
- Competitive package
- Make a positive contribution to the theatre and performing arts industry on a national scale
- Take on an important role with the power to bring about real change
This is an incredible opportunity to act as a champion for the performing arts and support the development of vital services within two ambitious organisations.
You will have the chance to empower some of the industry’s biggest and brightest players and deliver services that will ensure they can create, innovate and inspire audiences for years to come.
Theatre has the power to captivate, engage and connect and we are dedicated to sharing this with the widest audience possible. If you have the passion to help us deliver our vision, we want to hear from you.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As the Head of UK Theatre, you will lead the UK Theatre Team, ensuring that we continue to support our Members to remain resilient and relevant in a continuously evolving industry.
Working with the Chief Executive, you will help to shape policy, develop our business plan and work with the Board and senior colleagues to bring UK Theatre’s ambitions to life.
You will also act as a champion for the work of UK Theatre and our members, promoting the importance of the performing arts to stakeholders in central Government, local funders, Creative Scotland and the Arts Councils of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead the development of services for our Members
- Co-ordinate the delivery of training and events, advocacy, consultations and data collection and research, ensuring it benefits our Members
- Identify ways to attract and engage new Members throughout the UK
- Develop networking opportunities to strengthen our position in the industry
- Monitor industry trends to ensure UK Theatre is able to evolve and remain relevant
To join us as the Head of UK Theatre, you will need:
- Strategic business planning and management experience
- Previous high-level political and/or stakeholder advocacy experience
- Stakeholder management experience
- Knowledge of the UK performing arts industry
- Budget planning and management experience
- The ability to carry out training needs analysis and implement a fit-for-purpose training programme
- A degree (or equivalent)
- To be a confident communicator who can influence and persuade others
- A commitment to equality and diversity
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 25th August 2019.
Webrecruit, Society of London Theatre and UK Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking an exciting challenge as the Head of UK Theatre, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.