The Sociological Review Foundation, a registered charity whose purpose is to advance the education of the public on the subject of sociology and related disciplines, are looking to appoint their first Communications Officer to join their team during an exciting time of organisational growth and development. The role reports directly to the Operations Director and will lead on the development and implementation of the organisation’s communication plans.
Working with the Operations Director and the Management Team, and embedded in the Foundation’s digital and support team, the successful candidate will lead on internal and external communications including:
- Developing and implementing communication plans that contribute to internal and external stakeholders’ awareness of, and participation in, our work.
- Creating and communicating engaging and informative content tailored to communication channels and their audiences
- Generating communications, outputs and materials to support our fundraising activities
- Provides input into internal and external communication plans, and leads on their implementation and adaption to projects and their audiences
- Leads on digital and public engagement activities to promote events, projects and activities to both academic and non-academic audiences
- Oversees all content and its coherence as part of the SR brand
- Provides input into researching and identifying audiences as well as devising communication plans to engage with them
- Creates and communicates engaging and informative content (newsletters, website content, reports, pieces of written work to accompany visual content), tailored to communication channels and relevant audiences
- Works with the Digital Editor and Theme Editors to research authors, solicit contributions and identify relevant accompanying articles from the Journal archive.
- Liaises with blog authors with respect to deadlines and amendments suggested by the Digital Editorand Theme Editors
- Liaises with the Fundraising Manager to generate communications, outputs and materials in accordance with funder requirements,including newsletters, project updates, impact reports, and Cases for Support for initiatives
- Compiles testimonials, references, feedback, and case studies from beneficiaries
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.