Job Title and Summary:
The key function of the Director of Fundraising will be to financially enable Soi Dog Foundation to deliver its mission to improve the welfare of dogs and cats in Asia, resulting in better lives for both the animal and human communities, to create a society without homeless animals, and to ultimately end animal cruelty. The Director of Fundraising will have overall responsibility for the fundraising actions, initiatives and outcomes for Soi Dog Foundation
- To lead, manage and develop activities of the existing Fundraising Team in line with long and short-term goals of the organisation.
- To implement a robust strategy and vision for the Fundraising Team, raising the organisation’s income and developing significant long-term sources of income consistent with the overall long and short-term goals of the organisation.
- To maximise income from all existing fundraising channels and explore opportunities for new donor acquisition from new revenue streams.
- To provide strong leadership and management of the Fundraising Team
- To lead and manage all fundraising activities or the organisation
- To review and evaluate fundraising programmes, align resources appropriately and to develop the structure to deliver income effectively.
- To deliver a fundraising strategy for the future that will deliver in line with the organisation’s plan and review this strategy at regular intervals with the CEO.
- To achieve annual fundraising income targets in line with the long and short term goals and objectives of the organisation.
- To develop and manage activities to expand the organisation’s individual donor base, exploring and implementing methods to achieve this especially within Thailand.
- To develop and manage relationships with existing and new donors in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
- To present the organisation to appropriate donors, funders and networks to secure ongoing and new support.
- To research, test and where appropriate, develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities to generate income.
- To keep up to date with key development and projects in the organisation and maximise the use of relevant project and case studies with the fundraising programmes.
- To keep up to date and comply with current Fundraising legislation and standards of each country and/or regions.
- To develop a major donor fundraising programme and long term legacy making strategy.
- To continue to build the Soi Dog Foundation brand and reputation through fundraising activities.
Budget/Line Management and Reporting
- To manage the fundraising budget, including planning, phasing and forecasting in line with the organisation’s financial procedures.
- To manage, develop and motivate members of the Fundraising Team.
- To ensure communication within and between teams are effective and working relationships are supportive and productive.
- To set clear team targets and priorities and set individual objectives.
- To manage staff objectives against their personal performance on a regular basis.
- To prepare regular management information reports in respect of all aspects of the organisation’s fundraising activities, including performance against income generation targets to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
- To contribute to the strategic development and operational running of the organisation with the CEO and other Senior Managers.
- To represent the organisation at external meetings, where appropriate.
- To perform all other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
Department and Supervisor: The position reports to CEO.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong leader.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to represent Soi Dog Foundation to other organisations.
- Strategic thinking capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Able to exercise good judgement.
- Highly professional.
- Ability to work in a complex, intellectually rigorous environment whilst remaining focused on delivering results.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commitment to learning.
- Good financial management skills.
- A passion for animal welfare and the drive to want to make a difference.
- Experience working in a similar position.
- Be able to demonstrate Senior Management experience in progressive organisational environments.
- Been educated to degree level (essential)
- Post-graduate qualification in management, sales or fundraising (desirable)
- Proven experience of delivering significant income growth and programme development across a number of different areas of fundraising.
- Demonstrate significant personal experience of developing and building successful professional relationships.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
Location: The position is based at Soi Dog Foundation in Mai Khao, Phuket, Thailand.
Type of Employment: Full time employee.
- Five-day work a week 08:00-17:00 with two days off. (May be required to work weekend or flexible time depending on their duties as directed by their Head of Department.)
- 19 annual holidays (including Thai National Holidays 13 days) rising to 25 days with year of service
- Annual Salary Adjustment
- Annual Service bonus
- Social Security
- Provident Fund