Our vision is for a world where everyone experiencing a mental health issue receives support and respect. Join our passionate, dedicated team and make a difference today.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant seeking to develop their career and work in the charity sector. Based at our office in Southampton with some remote working, you will provide governance and administrative support to the Trustee Board, Chief Executive (CEO), Director of Services and Senior Management Team. You will also line manage one part-time Administration Assistant (15 hours per week) and one Kickstart Scheme placement.
Your other main responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice and support on governance issues (training can be provided)
- Arranging and administering key governance, management and leadership team meetings and taking minutes or notes
- Managing incoming complaints and ensuring due process is followed (training can be provided)
- Working with the CEO to provide Mind with our quarterly statistical return on our performance
- Co-ordinating Trustee Boards, subcommittee meetings and Senior Management meetings, as well as the induction of new Trustees
In this role, you will work 37 hours per week (to include occasional evening work).
To be successful, you’ll have excellent planning and organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure with complex and competing needs, skills in establishing and developing office systems and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
We're Solent Mind! We’re part of a network of over 100 Local Minds who tailor trusted mental health services to our communities. We set our own strategies and partnerships and rely on the support of our brilliant local fundraisers.
We collaborate with Mind to make sure their pioneering campaigns, information and research makes a difference in Hampshire. Together, we make better mental health possible both locally and nationally.
Our Gold Investors in People Award reflects our commitment to our lively, friendly teams. We empower our people to have a voice, discover new opportunities and develop their careers. In addition to knowing you’re making a difference, you’ll also enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Flexible working to promote a healthy work/life balance
- 25 days’ annual leave rising incrementally to 30 days per year
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and cycle-to-work scheme
If you’re ready to join the fight for mental health, visit our website to find out more and apply.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 4 October 2021
Posts may be subject to a relevant DBS check.
Solent Mind welcomes applications from all the communities in which we work. Appointments are made on merit.
Registered Charity No: 1081116. Registered with Limited Liability in England and Wales No: 4004500.