Hours: Full time 35 hours a week
Solent Students’ Union has an exciting opportunity for a professional, passionate and enthusiastic communications professional to join our team. As our Communications Manager, you will be responsible for delivering high quality communications and marketing across all physical sites and online channels in order to increase student awareness of and engagement with the Students’ Union activities and services.
This is an ideal first management position and the successful candidate will have experience of:
- innovation in communications;
- creating engaging and targeted communications for specific groups;
- leading successful marketing campaigns, including planning, delivery and evaluation;
- managing and developing a website with associated software;
- working on multiple projects simultaneously, often with competing deadlines;
- using, collecting and analysing data effectively.
The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, a good understanding of GDPR in relation to marketing and a record of inspiring, motivating and driving teams with a diverse range of skills to reach targets. You must demonstrate skills across a diverse range of communication mediums and have a passion for working in a democratic, student led and constantly changing environment.
If you feel you have the skills knowledge and experience to join the team as our next Communications Manager we would love to hear from you.
For further information or an informal discussion on this post please contact Lorna Reavley, Chief Executive
Closing Date: 2 December at midnight
Interview Date: 9 December 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.