Permanent contract from early September
Term Time- 37.5 hours per week
£22,500 - £24,000 per year depending on experience (+£1,500 London Weighting)
The post will be home-based with travel visiting schools. Some national travel to support events in other regions will also be required and this will be more frequent in events season (Nov – Feb and May) and will involve overnight stays.
- Support all aspects of delivering our Big Ideas Programme in the region and assist with delivery nationally (when required).
- Work with Big Ideas Programme Manager to secure the target number of schools.
- Deliver training for teachers and business mentors.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including schools, teachers and mentors.
- Liaise with lead teachers to organise Big Ideas Day(s) in each school.
- Deliver/facilitate Big Ideas Days with up to 150 young people.
- Support schools to run the programme, including attending development sessions.
- Organise and facilitate regional events.
- Collect evaluation of all stages of the programme and contribute to annual impact report.
- Be self-reflective and contribute regular feedback to team members.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of facilitating young people (aged 11-14) and confidence in speaking/ delivering information to large groups of young people
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of project management - excellent organisation and communication
- Ability to manage own workload, multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage uncertainty
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Teams and Outlook
- Experience in delivering activities to and managing multiple stakeholders (e.g. businesses, teachers and young people)
- Ability to develop and maintain networks
- Basic familiarity with social media particularly Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Values and Behaviours
- Solutions-orientated - ability to work on own initiative to find creative solutions
- Flexible - ability to work some early mornings/evenings occasionally and travel across the UK with some overnight stays.
- Team Player - ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Passionate - committed to supporting people and the planet reach their potential
- Adaptable and responsive to emerging needs and priorities
- Commitment to fairness and equal opportunity
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3 extra days over Christmas and New Year
- 5% matched contribution to NEST Pension Scheme
- 2 x Personal Development Days (at managers discretion)
To apply you must please read the application pack and apply online. Deadline- Midday Monday 8th August
To apply, please make sure you submit:
1. A covering letter explaining your interest in the role and how you meet the
criteria in the person specification (no more than 1 A4 page)
2. An up-to-date relevant CV (no more than 2 x A4 pages) - Please indicate
where you are based on your application.
3. A short selfie video saying why you want to work with Solutions for the
Planet and what you think your superpowers are (max 2 minutes). We do
a lot of presenting in these roles, so we are keen to see you on camera!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.