SALARY UP TO £40,000 PRO RATE 4 DAYS PER WEEK
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Sophie Hayes Foundation was founded in 2011 by Sophie, a British girl trafficked to Italy for sexual exploitation. The Foundation is the only organisation in the United Kingdom focused solely on ensuring all women survivors of human trafficking and modern slavery achieve complete and sustainable freedom, through an independence that can only come with the ability to live and work without fear.
We support women survivors to look to the future – renewing confidence, purpose and employability. By adhering to best practice in coaching, facilitation and training, we support survivors in bespoke and creative ways through group workshops, one to one coaching, vocational voluntary & work placements, access to training, and formal education.
The past two years has seen the Sophie Hayes Foundation undergo an exciting phase of growth and development, supporting women survivors of Human Trafficking. The Head of Fundraising is a new role and will be a key member of the new Senior Management Team.
The right candidate will take responsibility for continuing our programme of growth, in particular from lottery sources, charitable trusts and foundations, whilst ensuring appropriate stewardship of all fundraising relationships including our wonderful partnership with Liberty of London.
Detailed Role Description
The post-holder will:
- Work closely with the CEO, Trustees and other relevant staff to generate income for the organisation
- Be responsible for delivering the financial goals as set out in our fundraising strategy
- Establish and manage a rolling programme of approaches to a portfolio of charitable trusts and foundations, and lottery bodies to achieve annual plans and income targets.
- Write bespoke proposals, applications and fundraising materials aimed at charitable trusts and foundations, individuals and companies.
- Research and identify new sources of funding while keeping abreast of the grant giving marketplace and related developments within the sector.
- Develop cultivation and approach plans for new prospects.
- Assist in the development of, and attending, fundraising and cultivation events.
- Ensure the timely and appropriate thanking of donors and manage any subsequent communication and reporting requirements.
- Proactively build donor relationships through all communication mediums to ensure their continued support.
- Liaise with colleagues to publicise successful funding and partnerships in support of wider plans to enhance reputation amongst key audiences and raise awareness of our work.
- Prepare regular fundraising updates for the CEO and Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising strategies and targets.
- Accurately maintain and manage a database of prospects and supporters ensuring compliance with all data protection legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Participate in any training and development activities to maintain own development or to enhance competence within job role.
- Be an ambassador for the Sophie Hayes Foundation, promoting the vision, aims and objectives of charity with all external contacts.
- Manage occasional fundraising volunteers.
- Will be an active member of the Sophie Hayes Foundation SMT including supporting the formation of strategic vision, goals and activities, running team meetings, supporting the CEO on other projects and working with trustees as required.
We are a highly values-driven organisation so please do take a look at our website to ensure that you share our vision and our values.
- MINIMUM 3 -5 YEARS SUCCESSFUL TRUSTS AND FOUNDATIONS FUNDRAISING IN THE UK
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or the ability to demonstrate competence through experience
- Experience of working to, and meeting, fundraising targets
- Experience of proactively researching and engaging current and prospective funders
- Knowledge of best practice in fundraising and of current trends in philanthropy`
- Ability to write compelling and persuasive fundraising proposals
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to tailor written and verbal content and style to a range of audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver outcomes to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (Blackbaud Etapestry or similar CRM systems etc. Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,)
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a key member of a team
- Flexible and proactive approach and attitude
- Enthusiasm and drive to make things happen
- Ability to work occasionally outside of normal office working hours
- Experience of working in of a small but fast paced team
- Knowledge and understanding of the human trafficking and modern-day slavery sector
- Experience of using social media and digital communication tools for fundraising purposes
The people that we work with come from all over the world and have a wide variety of beliefs, experiences, backgrounds. We are committed to sharing reflecting this rich diversity amongst our staff, volunteers and trustees and would strongly encourage applicants from minority and under-represented groups
Please note: We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
However, this post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 20