Role title: Head of Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy - Gulf Region
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reports to: Head of Institutional Partnerships, International Office
Salary: Competitive salary
Contract: Full-time, permanent contract
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year.
The Gulf Area Office represents SOS Children’s Villages International in the region in GCC countries, namely United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and the Sultanate of Oman.
The Gulf Area Office was registered in 2014 as the representative office of SOS Children’s Villages International in the region. The aim of the Gulf Area Office is to reach out to new strategic partners including institutions, foundations, private philanthropists, corporations, and like-minded partners to benefit the target group of SOS Children’s Villages: children without parental care and those at risk of losing parental care.
Mission of the position:
The new Head of Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy will be responsible for growing institutional leadership giving in the Gulf, specifically amongst foundations, high net-worth individuals, and corporates in the UAE and region.
This position aims to build a vision for the cause and mission of SOS Children’s Villages in Dubai and the wider Gulf Area, and to build strategic partnerships with institutions, foundations, private philanthropists, corporations and like-minded organisations, to benefit the target group of SOS Children’s Villages: children without parental care and those at risk of losing parental care.
- Raise the unique profile of SOS Children’s Villages in Dubai and the Gulf region
- Build a strong vision and case for SOS Children’s Villages in influential circles, institutions, media and at events.
- Position SOS CV as a unique and powerful agent for positive change in the Middle East and beyond.
- Build strong, long-lasting and engaging relationships with key stakeholders in the region, and powerfully represent our crucial programs in the Middle East and beyond.
- Monitor the humanitarian landscape, including activities of other INGOs and local organisations, and any sector developments across the Gulf.
- Grow Leadership Giving (fundraising) in the GCC
- Acquire, cultivate and steward high net worth individuals, corporate partners, and foundations.
- Ensure quality donor proposals and reporting, working with internal SOS departments (international, regional, and programme teams) to source the required information.
- Ensure high quality interactions with supporters that foster long-term engagement and investment, including donation management, acknowledgement, recognition, and reporting.
- Develop and manage global and regional partnerships locally. Manage and expand peer-to-peer fundraising approach (Circle of Giving) to engage, rally the support and access new networks of influential individuals, leaders, and private social circles in the United Arab Emirates.
- Develop, engage and grow the SOS Advisory Network and a network of ambassadors to advocate and strengthen our influence and impact in the UAE.
- Co-ordinate all fundraising /charitable activities
- Oversee fundraising approvals and financial reporting with relevant governing bodies (e.g. International Humanitarian City and Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department, Emirates Red Crescent). Ensure all paperwork is complete by required parties and submitted in a timely manner. Ensure that all financial reporting is accurate and transparent and is adhering to all legal obligations and deadlines regulated by the governing bodies.
- Tracking fundraising performance
- Set goals and track and report annual income and coordinate donor funds allocation including investment reports
- Oversee and engage donor visits to SOS programmes to deepen relationships and commitment
- Ensure relevant regional and national offices support according to needs. Prepare agenda and supporting materials and travel with donor if necessary.
- Manage legal registration, office and team based in Dubai
- Represent SOS CVI as the legal representative to ensure a smooth running of all contracts and registration matters
- Manage staff and contractors and our office presence and registration in the International Humanitarian Centre.
- Minimum 10 years total professional experience with at least 5 years relevant experience in leadership giving and fundraising, with the ability to engage with prospects and donors proactively and independently.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM), working with institutional partners, foundations and with a track record of working with multilateral donors.
- Experienced and connected in Gulf environment.
- Able to influence and manage in a complex federation environment.
- Able to manage and develop a small team and budget.
- Shows firm commitment to the vision, mission and values as well as compliance with brand, policies and principles of SOS Children’s Villages.
- Leads by example, taking the accountability for his/her actions and acting as someone whose behaviour and opinions can be taken as a strong point of reference for other co-workers in the organization.
- Strategic thinking and innovation: drives innovation through nurturing a culture where people are open for new approaches and willing learn from mistakes.
- Able to make timely and sound decisions through identifying and understanding issues, priorities, problems, opportunities and probable consequences, and to drive swift implementation.
- Able to act and work effectively in different contexts, demonstrated by the capacity to amend his/her behaviour and approach in line with developing and changing people, circumstances and priorities. s/he is creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity and draws on the diverse strengths of co-workers.
- Able to set clear goals and standards, to ensure the delivery and development of the individual and the organisation against the strategic goals and standards. S/he is able to apply different leadership behaviours in order to address high and low performance adequately and to promote a high-performance culture.
- University Degree (MBA / Bachelor) in Business Administration, Fundraising qualification (or equivalent), International Cooperation, External Relations or related field.
- English – Fluent/ Advanced.
- Arabic – Fluent/ Advanced