If you have a passion for writing and all things social media, and are looking for a varied, short-term role supporting SOS Children's Villages UK to enhance and improve our communications in the UK, then this is the role for you.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will support the communications team in the implementation of SOS UK’s content marketing strategy. As part of a small, but highly ambitious, communications team you will work closely with the Communications Manager to identify and create engaging stories of SOS UK’s global work, coordinate content for our external audiences and monitor press activity. You will also support the team with the production of communications materials such as blogs, social media posts, news stories and e-newsletters.
This is a great time to join the team as we're overhauling the way we talk to our supporters, so you could be part of something very big and transformational.
- Strong written communication skills across a range of different platforms - especially on social media channels
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Computer literate and confident in using MS Office software, SharePoint and online databases as well as social media channels
- Hard-working, enthusiastic and a self-motivator
- Strong creative skills and a keen eye for what makes a good story
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Proactive and ‘can do’ attitude; solution oriented
There is a possibility that this role will be extended beyond the initial 4 months. Candidates looking for a part-time role would be considered dependent on experience. Please include a cover letter with your CV or your application will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.