South Bucks Hospice currently has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager. We are looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated and experienced professional to develop our fundraising strategy across a variety of income streams (individual giving, corporate partnerships, local businesses, community and events).
To be successful you will have a proven experience in income generation with good influencing skills, the confidence to implement and develop fundraising strategies, be able to demonstrate excellent stewardship, have a successful track record of building successful relationships and having a collaborative nature.
Job Title: Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager
Salary: £38,000 per annum
Location: South Bucks Hospice, Butterfly House, High Wycombe
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Days of Work: Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work
To generate sustainable funding through corporates, local businesses, the community and individuals, growing the hospice’s income and improving retention and acquisition levels.
· Work with the CEO on developing and delivering the fundraising strategy for corporates, local businesses, community and individual giving.
· Research and develop potential opportunities for maximising fundraising income generation;
· Identify and secure new supporters and ensure effective engaging with established supporters to bring in oncome to the hospice;
· Improve donor acquisition and retention levels;
· Develop a Corporate Partnership Programme, securing and managing long-term partnerships;
· Develop and roll out an annual appeal programme tailored for maximum audience engagement;
· Implement an effective Donor Stewardship Programme to maximise the lifetime value of all supporters, ensuring all funders receive the appropriate acknowledgement, recognition and required feedback in line with their specific requirements;
· Oversee the collection and issue of collection cans, buckets and boxes, improving the levels of income achieve through these;
· Achieve agreed income generation targets.
Raising awareness within the community
· Build and foster relationships in the community through proactive networking and representing South Bucks Hospice at a wide range of events;
· Identify and develop relationships with key supporters within the community;
· Create and develop partnerships with community organisations such as schools, local support groups and community foundations;
· Promote the aims and objectives of South Bucks Hospice, increasing public awareness and support for the hospice’s work;
· To develop manage and deliver a community events programme, including digital events;
· Improve the hospice’s visibility in the community through the recruitment, management, training and development of a team of fundraising volunteers to support the achievement of the fundraising objectives.
Marketing and Communication
· Develop and maintain appropriate fundraising literature to attract donors and support compelling applications for funding;
· Responsible for the hospice newsletter, maintaining effective communications and good relations with our donors and ensuring that they are updated on the hospice’s work and achievements;
· To utilise and maximise the use of all communication platforms to promote fundraising and the work of South Bucks Hospice including the hospice’s website, social media, local media support and the promotion of third party led fundraising;
· Ensure all communication channels are monitored, including social media comments and inboxes, and any incoming communications and queries dealt with in an appropriate and timely manner.
· To analyse, monitor and report on fundraising activity and performance to inform ongoing fundraising planning and improvement;
· Responsible for the effective use of the fundraising database to maximise income opportunities and ensure effective stewardship and reporting;
· Responsible for ensuring accurate and up to date records are kept of all fundraising activities;
· Responsible for ensuring that South Bucks Hospice’s fundraising and communication activities follow best practice and are compliant with internal policies and procedures, GDPR, the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation, Charity Commission requirements and all other relevant legislation;
· To review develop and implement fundraising processes and procedures to ensure that best practice is achieved;
· To keeping abreast of new fundraising developments, initiatives and opportunities;
· Any other duties as required.
· Proven experience in income generation with good influencing skills;
· Experience of leading, developing, managing and maintaining fundraising relationships;
· Experience of generating funds from a range of supporters, including individuals, corporate partnerships, local businesses and the community;
· Experienced in managing volunteers;
· Experienced in working with and developing corporate partnerships;
· A proven track record of developing and securing new fundraising streams;
· Good understanding of fundraising regulations, standards and best practice.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make communications engaging and persuasive for a diverse range of audiences
· Excellent relational skills;
· Ability to engage confidently with a wide range of stakeholders with a proven ability to build relationships and partnership working;
· Strong and effective networking skills;
· Effective IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and use of fundraising CRM systems;
· Uses original and creative thinking to make improvements or support the initiation of new approaches.
· A self-starter;
· Passionate about fundraising;
· Motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and professional;
· Effective communicator;
· Strong organisational time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines;
· Willing to take part in all activities, taking a ‘hands-on’ approach to getting things done;
· Enjoy individual, team and collaborative working;
· Demonstrate a consistent high standard of work and attention to detail;;
· Willing to learn;
· Calm temperament under pressured conditions;
· Willingness to travel to clients locations;
· Works with honesty and integrity and maintains the reputation of South Bucks Hospice;
· Ability to adapt to changing environment.
· Institute of Fundraising qualifications desirable
· Full Driving license with no endorsements