We are currently recruiting for an experienced and committed Director of Clinical Services overseeing our clinical department at the hospice. The successful candidate will provide strong, visionary, inspirational, clear, open leadership to all care teams and ensure effective management, organisation, delivery and quality of all care services and educational activities.
The post holder will already be a clinical manager with previous experience in a relevant clinical lead role and will be able to show continual clinical and managerial development throughout their career.
This is a permanent, full time role with flexible working hours. This role is paying up to £50,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Some of the key result areas are:
As a member of the Senior Management Team, lead on the strategic shaping of the organisation, ensuring that clinical services develop and integrate with the existing and future strategic direction of the hospice as agreed by the Board and the developing/emerging world leading edge provision of palliative care.
Operational management of all clinical services, supporting staff to take a fully integrated holistic team approach to delivering high quality, adaptable patient/client led services.
Education and Training
Develop and support the implementation of an education strategy for the hospice workforce.
- To provide strong, visionary, inspirational, clear, open leadership to all care teams and ensure effective management, organisation, delivery and quality of all care services and educational activities;
- To contribute fully to the strategic planning and corporate management of the South Bucks Hospice;
- To develop and deliver a clinical strategy able to respond to the changing environment in hospice care which recognises both social and clinical models of care;
- To provide clear leadership on clinical governance and risk management for clinical services;
- To be the link between the hospice and the key regulatory bodies that monitor the hospice’s care (such as CQC);
- To be the registered manager as required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC);
- To act as the hospice Caldicott Guardian.
Role requirements include:
- Registered nurse (essential);
- Current and valid NMC registration (essential);
- Evidence of ongoing and continuing professional development (essential);
- Masters level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. palliative care (desirable);
- Experience in working with commissioners and external stakeholders and other service providers;
- Experience in a specialist palliative care setting (desirable).
At South Bucks Hospice we promote a friendly and supportive working environment. You will be working as part of your local community, making a difference to the lives of those with life limiting illnesses, their families and carers. You will receive 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing with length of service plus an employer contributory pension. Free on-site parking is also provided.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.