At South Bucks Hospice, we are looking for 2 shop assistants to join our Reuse team at our High Heavens / Aston Clinton sites. This is a great opportunity for someone with retail experience to actively support the achievement of all agreed sales, financial and operational targets with an aim to maximise profits.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week , 9am to 5pm, over 4 days
Location: Reuse Site High Heavens / Aston Clinton
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Personal compliance with the Reuse Operation Manual, the site controls, including
- Health and safety legislation (The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974);
- Consumer law (Consumer Rights Act 2005);
- Trading standards requirements (The General Product Safety Regulations 2005);
- Lottery regulations (Gambling Act 2005);
- FCC’s operational requirements;
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT);
- South Bucks Hospice’s internal policies and procedures.
- Adherence to pricing policy and stock control measures, ensuring the shop is well stocked at all times;
- Create effective relationships with traders to the benefit of South Bucks Hospice;
- Support the management of the feeder site process resulting in quality donation through the appropriate encouragement of the feeder sites;
- Create a positive environment resulting in a working environment that is clean, Quick and successful resolution of all customer queries and complaints and escalate where necessary;
- Greet customers in an effective and timely manner from first engagement through to processing the sale through the till. 100% compliance with cash handling processes;
- Drive the van to facilitate the collection and delivery of donations if required to do so by the Reuse Shop Manager.
- Retail experience, ideally in a charity environment preferred;
- Driving license with no endorsements and for insurance purposes over the age of 25;
- Demonstrate a consistent high standard of work and attention to detail;
- Punctual and presentable;
- Willing to learn;
- Effective Communications with colleagues and Management team;
- Calm temperament under pressured conditions;
- Willingness to travel to other locations;
- Customer Service focussed;
- Approachable and accessible;
- Basic computer skills.
At South Bucks Hospice we promote a friendly and supportive working environment. You will be working as part of your local community, making a difference to the lives of those with life limiting illnesses, their families and carers.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.