We are looking for a Branch Secretary to act as principal communications Trustee, managing and maintaining the administrative affairs of the Buckinghamshire South Branch. Our RSPCA branches rely on volunteers to undertake a wide range of animal welfare work in their local area, and by joining the South Bucks Branch you will have the chance to influence how we care for and prevent cruelty to animals.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To act as the main contact point for all branch communications with the National Society and the branch committee.
- Arrange branch meetings, ensure accurate minutes are taken and distributed in accordance with branch rules.
- Ensure all branch committee decisions are implemented and actions completed.
- Arrange the branch AGM, including the compilation and distribution of the annual report, nominations and agenda in line with the strict timetable laid down in the branch rules.
- Liaise with the Branch Partnership Manager and group chief inspector and notify them of all branch meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the RSPCA South Bucks.
- Willingness and ability to understand and accept your responsibilities and liabilities as a Trustee and to act in the best interests of the organisation.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement and work effectively as a committee member.
- Strong administrative & interpersonal skills, and a good telephone manner.