Learning and Development Manager
Salary Band: £54,478 - £60,826
Working Pattern: Permanent
Location: Badminton Road, Yate / Kingswood
How you’ll make a difference:
They are focused on developing the critical capabilities their workforce needs now and in future and they’re thinking innovatively about how they deliver those training and development opportunities.
You will lead the creation and implementation of the workforce development strategies to ensure learning and development is aligned to support service objectives across a complex organisation, comprising of multiple workforce groups.
You will be the strategic lead covering wide learning and development. This includes their social care workforce, where they are recognised for having an outstanding development offer, as well as leaders and managers across the business and various professional disciplines and operational staff all of whom provide a diverse range of services.
To achieve this, you will lead a team of workforce development professionals who support significant organisational change through producing high quality learning programmes and interventions.
What does a typical day look like?
This is predominantly a strategic solutions-based role, where day to day you will need to innovate and be creative to ensure the learning and development needs across the business are met.
• You will be working with partners and relevant stakeholders to identify workforce development needs aligned to business priorities and departmental objectives, plan appropriate solutions and commission training, education and qualification programmes to meet identified needs.
• You will use your expertise in commissioning and managing training budgets on behalf of client departments that you will work with to develop and delivers workforce training strategies.
• You will be the lead for the workforce development offer for its leaders, managers, professional and operational staff, to ensure they have the right capabilities now and in the future.
• You will line manage and lead the workforce development team, as well as actively manage capacity and resource allocation to ensure the organisations needs and priorities are met.
• You will also be a key member of the wider HR Strategy Group and will help shape the function’s direction and service offer to the organisation. This includes provision of advice, guidance and support to directors and senior managers to support change initiatives and to ensure outcomes are resilient from a workforce perspective
How a career with our client is different:
• They know their team work best when they have balance in their lives and they offer genuine flexibility to help them achieve that work/life balance - whatever that means for them.
• They value their staff as individuals, investing in their careers and they are recognised for the quality, breadth and depth of their training and development offer, which helps make the greatest long-term difference in work.
• They trust their team to work in the way which allows them to make the biggest difference and they continue to invest in technology to help staff do their jobs to the best of their ability and celebrate innovation.
What they need from you:
While proven strategic and tactical workforce development and organisational change experience is essential, you will also be someone who is able to think creatively, be an empowering leader and be up to date in the lasted thinking and technology in this field.
It is key that you are able to build credible relationships in and outside of the function and have the capability to influence decision makers and work collaboratively with stakeholders.
You should also be able to apply project management principles to delivering solutions or pieces of work which require research, development and evaluation and have the ability
Working with Our Client:
Their teams are making a real difference to the lives of people who live, work and learn here.
• They're building and shaping communities which people are proud of
• They're working with the most vulnerable in their community to help them achieve what they want in life, and
• They’re providing essential services across their internal network to ensure they can fully support thier community.
They've achieved a great deal, but they need talented and dedicated people to ensure they continue to make a difference.
Please ensure that you have read the role summary, before completing your application as this details the full list of essential and desirable criteria for this role.
Closing Date for applications: Sunday 31st May 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing 22nd and 29th June 2020
They’re making a difference: be part of it!