As Communications Manager you will report to our Communications Director and manage our communications activities, ensuring the SW AHSN continues to extend its reach and influence internally,
regionally and nationally.
Working across an ambitious, forward-thinking organisation, you will develop impactful communications that inform, inspire and connect our staff, stakeholders and external audiences.
We are looking for someone who can use a variety of methods and combine data with patient stories to demonstrate the impact of our work and its outcomes for people receiving health and care services across the South West.
You will advise and support colleagues on all aspects of brand, content, design, media and digital communications. With line management of a Digital Marketing Assistant (Apprentice), you will also manage relationships with external consultants, agencies and suppliers to create strategic, content-led internal and external communications.
Key success factors
• Able to use a variety of methods and combine data with patient stories to clearly demonstrate the impact of our work and its outcomes for people receiving health and care.
• Able to see the bigger picture and demonstrate the benefits of the SW AHSN’s work with its many partners.
• Comfortable with change and uncertainty in a fast-paced setting.
• A proactive, solutions-focused completerfinisher, with a can-do attitude.
• Enabling direct reports to make the most of their skills and develop their capabilities.
For further details please visit our website for the full job pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.