Can you help us to implement and scale nationally recommended products and technologies into health and care pathways across the South West, bringing benefits to patients?
In 2013 a small group of founding member organisations established the South West Academic Health Science Network. They were motivated by a shared ambition to accelerate the adoption and spread of innovation across our region to improve population health and generate economic growth.
Step forward eight years and that ambition has become a reality. Working in collaboration with the AHSNs across England, our work transforms lives through innovation. In the last year, our work as a network of AHSNs has benefited over 258,000 people and leveraged over £462m of investment into the health and life science sector. You can read more about the impact of our work nationally in our latest AHSN Network impact report and regional work in our annual review.
At the South West AHSN we focus our efforts on improving health equity – identifying and spreading innovative practice that helps close health equity gaps in access to care, quality of care, opportunity for a healthy life and agency in managing individual health.
Working with our members and partners, we share the ambition and opportunity to improve health equity through the adoption and spread of innovative practice. We do this by:
- Spreading innovative practice across the health and care system through collaboration, practical support and knowledge sharing
- Building capability in our region to spread innovative practice and improve quality
- Supporting evaluation and application of learning to improve the delivery of health and care services
As Project Manager – Technology Deployment, you will coordinate a number of complex and high profile projects within the Technology Deployment programme. This currently supports stronger spread and adoption of a number of transformative technologies and medicines within the health and care system in the South West.
The Project Manager (Technology Deployment) will deliver nationally mandated projects and their associated KPIs within the Technology Deployment programme. These projects are a major priority for NHS E and a key measure of success for AHSNs in 2021/2022.
You will gain a detailed understanding of local and regional issues and share learning from NHS organisations who have already implemented the innovations.
Key success factors
- Fantastic communication skills, able to build great working relationships with a range of people quickly and easily.
- A great team worker; able to support, motivate and inspire others as well as able to persuade and negotiate.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving.
- Passionate, determined, positive and goal-focussed with a commitment to delivering excellence in any and all circumstances.
- Build deep knowledge, local network and strong relationships within a defined area of the regional health care system
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects within the Technology Deployment Portfolio
- Provide regular performance reporting to the Programme Manager and Programme Board, including progress against KPIs, plans, risks and issues
- Deliver all aspects of the project life cycle and will be required to follow standardised processes, evidence delivery and proactively engage with the wider team to best utilise expertise for maximum impact.
- Constant commitment to ensuring and understand the impact of projects on equalities and equity of access.
- Capture and share learnings from implementation to share with the wider team and stakeholders.
Experience we are looking for
- Track record in managing projects and delivering results in complex stakeholder environments
- Experience of delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working towards targets, and able to demonstrate the mind set of always wanting to exceed them.
Experience and capabilities you will develop in the role
- Experience of working closely with the local health system to accelerate the uptake of proven innovations in the NHS for patient benefit
- Experience of helping to understand and remove barriers to the uptake of the products
Abilities and attributes
- Effective communicator and presenter – able to engage a wide range of audiences by being compelling, credible and inspiring.
- Goal-focused – demonstrating a commitment to delivering excellence in all circumstances.
- Analyst – able to analyse and coordinate complex problems and projects
- Learning mindset - a commitment to ongoing learning and knowledge sharing.
- Team player - able to support, motivate and inspire others as well as able to persuade and negotiate.
Project Manager – Technology Deployment
Reporting to: Programme Manager – Technology Deployment
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.