South West Lakes Trust are looking for an inspiring leader to be our Chief Executive. The charity is dedicated to caring for and enhancing the South West's reservoirs and lakes. These special places provide unrivalled access to watersports, angling, walking and cycling, and are places where family and friends can be active together. Some of our lakes are recognised with special designations including Sites of Special Scientific Interest and Local Nature Reserves. We have over 40 sites throughout Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset and take great pride in protecting and enhancing these locations for people to value and enjoy now and for future generations.
There is no better time to be joining and there are many opportunities to make a positive difference to the environment and to the communities of the south west. There are big issues for us to tackle – improving biodiversity; understanding natural and social capital; supporting the health and wellbeing agenda; and, encouraging children and families to get outdoors enjoying nature. We believe engaging with the natural environment enables people to grow.
Appointing the right person is of paramount importance to the organisation. The work and portfolio is wide and varied so we are looking for a strategic thinker who has the ability to lead and inspire employees and volunteers, engage positively with partners and to understand the environment in which we operate – always striving to innovate and create ways to do things better.
As our Chief Executive you will be main interface with, and advisor to, the Board of Trustees and Non-Executive Directors. You will set a clear strategic vision that ensures employee buy-in and engages external stakeholders and partners, always striving for continuous improvement.
• Act as the main interface with, and advisor to, the Board of Trustees and Non-Executive Directors
• Lead, train and develop a motivated workforce across a large geographic area
• Direct long-term planning, including the production of Strategic and Operating Plans, working within the charitable objects
• Set the organisation’s policies and ensure that relevant procedures are in place, including those covering health, safety, security and emergency plans
• Work closely with the Leadership team to set a clear strategic vision that ensures employee buy-in and engages external stakeholders and partners, always striving for continuous improvement
• Ensure the profile of the organisation is raised with the public and key external audiences
• Maintain and develop links with key external contacts, including government agencies and grant funding bodies
• Establish, develop and maintain successful trading operation • Ensure the organisation is fully compliant with legal obligations; including financial and health and safety
• Set and agree financial targets and ensure these targets are met by sound financial management and minimisation of risk
For a Candidate Information Pack and details on how to apply please visit our website.
Closing date for applications: 15 November 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.