Reporting to Southern Brooks Chief Executive and member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) the post-holder will work to develop and manage the Company’s accounting systems and procedures, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of all financial matters.
The postholder will also provide line management to the Finance Administrator. The role will require someone who is willing to work flexibly and independently, with minimal Supervision.
The ideal person must be adaptable and comfortable working within a rapidly changing environment. Aspects of this role will require a high level of confidentiality and the ability to act accordingly.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Support the CEO, Senior Management Team and Board in business planning, strategic and organisational development, to deliver a sustainable future for the organisation.
• Work with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to develop strategies, processes and procedures to improve operations and ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
• Undertake analysis of the Company’s financial performance and provide regular, up to date financial information to the CEO, Treasurer, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
o Attend and provide written and verbal reports as required to the Board, Finance Committee and quarterly review meetings.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation; HMRC tax returns, corporation tax, Charity Commission, PAYE.
• Contribute to the senior management team as an active member.
Key tasks (Management Accounts)
• Prepare financial statements including quarterly Management Accounts (profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecast) and provide commentary for management and board.
• Compare and assess actual performance against forecast performance.
• Assist with the Audit of annual and long-term organisational forecasts to support strategic plans and work programmes.
•Produce annual accounts in line with all SORP and statutory requirements and work with the CEO and Chair of Trustees to produce the annual report.
• Provide the Auditors with all relevant information.
Key tasks (Financial Management)
• Manage Partners Funding.
• Manage day to day financial operations including bank payments and reconciliations, invoicing, submissions and exemption calculations and petty cash.
• Assist managers, project leads and budget holders to develop and monitor fully costed project proposals and budgets, using full cost recovery methodology.
o Use appropriate cost drivers to ensure the correct apportionment of overheads and direct costs.
• Assist in assessing income generation activities and funding applications.
• Record, analyse and collate financial information to ensure funders’ monitoring and claiming requirements are met.
• Maintain the Company’s financial risk register in consultation with the Director.
• Prepare and process monthly payroll, including pensions.
o Ensure correct returns to HM Revenue & Customs and pension providers.
• Line manage designated staff.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.