Pecan is a highly respected and dynamic Christian ’s charity. Our work is founded on our mission, vision and values, and we are committed to showing kindness, raising self-belief and inspiring hope for the future in the individuals we serve.
Southwark Foodbank is committed to ending the need for Foodbanks. Whilst we campaign on the issues driving people to foodbanks, we want to ensure that the service we provide for people facing food insecurity is rooted in dignity. This role is key in setting the service delivery standards and culture. As Foodbank Deputy Manager, you will assist the Southwark Foodbank Manager in all operational aspects of running the Southwark Foodbank within the social franchise of the Trussell Trust. You will play a key role in the organisations aim of transforming the lives of the most disadvantaged people in our community.
When working for Pecan, you can expect to become a valued member of a diverse and supportive team. In addition to a place in our 30-year legacy, you will receive a generous holiday allowance, pension contribution and life assurance cover. You can also expect regular team meetings and social opportunities, and a variety of other benefits.
- Coordinating a team of staff and volunteers and serving clients.
- Co-ordinating Voucher Holders and managing the E-referral system.
- Facilitating the effective running of Foodbank Welcome Centres.
We want to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about food security
- Have a good knowledge of advice and support services for people in financial crisis
- Have experience of working at a fast pace with people in crisis
Please read the job description before applying. To apply please read and follow the application instructions below.
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th August 2021, 9am
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 16th August 2021
Please read the job description before applying. To apply please submit a CV and covering letter (max 2 pages). In the covering letter please address these questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Pecan?
2. Tell us about your passion ending the need for foodbanks.
3. What is your experience of food insecurity projects?
4. What is your experience of delivering frontline community and / or advice projects?
5. What is your experience of delivering dignified customer service?
6. Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.