Employment and Skills Coach
We have a fantastic opportunity for a forward thinking Employment and Skills Coach to join our team in our Dorset locality.
About Sovereign Network Group (SNG)
We are thrilled to have joined forces with Network Homes in October 2023, which now places us as the 6th largest housing association in the UK. Sovereign and Network Homes have come together as SNG (Sovereign Network Group) – an organisation that takes the best of both and makes it even better.
This is an incredibly rewarding role in which you'll coach residents to achieve their work aspiration, either gaining qualifications or returning to or finding better work.
It's a real opportunity to help residents to maintain their tenancies, maximise their opportunities and improve their quality of life as well as support the development of our employment and skills service in the community.
- Providing information, advice and guidance services to a caseload of identified or referred residents, supporting them to access employability provision, training, work-placements, sustainable work and better work opportunities
- Developing a service offer and effective network of support agencies and providers who will contribute to and support the delivery of the Thriving Communities strategy, creating positive opportunities for progression of our residents
- Implementing a blended approach of advice and guidance by utilising a combination of digital, phone and direct delivery to maximise engagement, support and progression to residents
- Developing personalised needs-led action plans in partnership with residents that outlines personal needs and goals, enabling them to develop the skills they need to seek, secure and sustain employment
- Effectively utilising internal and external commissioning and partnership opportunities to maximise the support available to residents, including our internal grants and digital learning offers
What we're looking for:
- You should have demonstrable experience from a similar role with good knowledge of the local labour market.
- The skills and passion to work with customers in a solutions focused way, creating and supporting the delivery of action plans that create positive and sustainable change
- Effective collaboration, the ability to quickly build positive relationships with residents as well as the job centre and other local employment support networks
- An enjoyment of understanding residents needs and hopes for the future, helping to extend their thinking about what they can do to sustain their tenancy through employment while achieving their work goals
- A flexible and positive attitude with the ability to self-manage, prioritising and managing multiple caseloads
- Experience in mentoring and coaching people to realise and achieve their potential
What you can expect from us:
As a member of the Community Investment Team you will be part of a friendly, dedicated and supportive working environment.
Our benefits include:
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- Generous matched pension scheme up to 12% and life cover
- Flexible working
A full UK driving licence and access to your own transport is essential as some travel throughout the region may be required.
A basic DBS check will also be undertaken for the successful candidate.
At Sovereign Network Group, we are passionate about inclusion for all and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. We encourage applications from all. We believe that diverse talent makes us stronger.