Working alongside the Voluntary Sector Advice Team and Funding Officer, the post holder will provide high-quality, tailored funding support voluntary and community sector organisations, helping increase their capacity and advising around issues of organisational development and financial sustainability.
The post holder will also promote our services and develop partnerships with relevant stakeholders, encouraging collaborative working across the voluntary and statutory sectors to achieve a more strategic and joined-up approach to bringing funding into Somerset.
Through their work in the community, they will also support the CEO in identifying and applying for new income streams or opportunities for development for Spark Somerset.
Main duties will include:
- Lead the Funding service at Spark Somerset, with responsibility for strategic development and operational delivery.
- Engage directly with frontline voluntary and community groups, providing strategic fundraising advice, bid-writing support and training.
- Support the Voluntary Sector Advice team (and others, as appropriate) by providing funding advice, budgeting guidance and practical support to voluntary groups
- Develop a range of ‘paid-for’ funding services such as bid checking, partnership bid facilitation etc. Develop this service in partnership with other consultants/organisations (with specific specialisms), so that capacity can be increased and enhanced when required.
- Develop partnerships and work closely with other local agencies, as appropriate, in order to better support the local voluntary sector and influence funders: e.g. health, town and parish councils, social care, community partnership groups, funders and other community networks
- Support and coordinate collaborative bids where appropriate
- Support the development of a bank of funding-related information and resources for use by voluntary and community groups
- Identify local funding development needs and work with the Training Coordinator to plan a training programme for voluntary groups
- Lead on ‘Fundraiser Network’ events across the County, using external speakers and Spark Somerset staff to provide training and networking opportunities to the voluntary sector
- Develop and run training courses on a range of funding-related topics
- Develop a bank of ‘case studies’ which demonstrate the impact of our funding advice work and keep detailed records of work undertaken
- Work with the CEO to develop an income generation strategy for Spark Somerset
- Provide strategic oversight to the wider team on project funding bids.
- Line manage the Funding Officer and oversee our bank of Associates
- Work as a team with the other staff and collaborate with them to develop resources and initiatives
- Prepare regular reports, in line with organisational procedures, for the CEO to share with the Board of Trustees and funders
- Promote and publicise the organisation using social media, events and through developing links with stakeholders
This is a full-time, post on a permanent contract working 37.5 hours per week (although flexible working or part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate).
Much of the work will be remote or community-based, but the role will involve some travel to our bright, modern office near Langport.