Position: Service Coordinator
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week). We would also accept applicants for part time job share.
Location: Office S4, Flexspace, Monckton Road, Wakefield, WF2 7AS
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for: Volunteers
Salary: £21,818 - £23,147 (Fixed Term until July 31st 2023)
Holidays: 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
Speak With IT (SWIT) is a Yorkshire based charity whose mission is to improve the wellbeing of people with aphasia and their carers, by using technology, supported conversation and through the dedicated help of trained and compassionate volunteers, providing long term support.
SWIT are looking to recruit a Service Coordinator to manage our growing group of volunteers and to ensure SWIT provides consistent and appropriate communication support for people with aphasia and their carers along the charity’s new pathway of support.
This role is central SWIT’s operational activities, coordinating activities with volunteers, clients and other key stakeholders whilst undertaking key administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be involved in training and supporting volunteers and overseeing SWIT’s supported conversation 1:1 support offer for people with aphasia. They will work closely with all staff members at the charity, including the CEO, administration and fundraising staff and speech and language therapists. They will ensure that guidance from speech and language therapists is central to the support the charity provides.
SWIT undertook a strategic review in 2021 which has culminated in the charity seeking to provide a clearer pathway of support for clients and carers. This role will be primarily responsible for stage 2 of the pathway of support (see job pack for further information) which will focus on supported conversation, but they will oversee volunteer recruitment across the whole pathway. The Service Coordinator will work with colleagues to ensure people move through the pathway of support, and as an individual they must show an active willingness to learn about supported conversation techniques and therapy apps to support speaking, reading, writing and understanding.
What's essential is that you love what you do. We want you to enjoy coming to work every day and to care about your job, your colleagues, and our beneficiaries. If you think you can do an outstanding job for us, then we'd love to hear from you.
To manage our growing group of volunteers and to ensure SWIT provides consistent and appropriate communication support for people with aphasia and their carers along the charity’s new pathway of support.
- Oversee the implementation of the supported conversation 1:1 support offer for people with aphasia.
- To recruit volunteers to work across the SWIT pathway of support.
- To inspire and motivate SWIT volunteers to provide outstanding support for people with aphasia across the pathway of support
- To lead on the organisation of volunteer training programmes and the volunteer competency scheme.
- To support the development of a carer training package.
- To provide friendly and supportive information, advice and guidance to any client, carer, trustee, therapist or volunteer when needed.
- To proactively create case studies which showcase the charity’s work
- To report all safeguarding concerns to the CEO
- To provide timely and accurate reporting to the CEO in agreed formats
- To provide 1:1 communication support to clients, if required
- To signpost clients to other services as appropriate.
- To assist with individual grant applications, as appropriate
- To support new projects which seek to further develop the charity’s reach
- To undertake such other duties which are commensurate with the role
- Good general level of education or equivalent work-based experience
- Previous experience of working in the third sector and supporting people with disabilities and/or people who are socially isolated.
- Previous experience of supporting volunteers
- Demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for supporting people with aphasia and their carers.
- Experience of lone working and personal safety
- Good verbal, written and numeracy skills sufficient to be able to make accurate written records
- Good technical literacy of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and CRM systems
- Good interpersonal skills including listening and display empathy
- Have access to a car for work purposes and hold a full current UK driving licence
- Demonstrate the ability to undertake work with high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Experience of supporting people with aphasia
- Experience of using supported conversation techniques and therapy apps
- Hold a Project management qualification.
Please visit the Speak With IT website jobs page and request a job pack to apply for this position.
Closing Date: Thursday 7th October at 12 midday.
Interviews will be held in Wakefield on Tuesday 12th October
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.