Speak With IT (SWIT) is a Yorkshire based charity whose mission is to improve the wellbeing of people with aphasia and their carers, by using technology, supported conversation and through the dedicated help of trained and compassionate volunteers, providing long term support.
SWIT are looking to recruit a Volunteer Coordinator to manage our growing group of volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the soon to be recruited speech and language therapist and will ensure volunteers are appropriately matched with clients and are supported during their volunteering with the charity. We want to ensure that all our volunteers have the best possible experience, and that we make the best use of their time and resource.
Working flexible between the office and home, this role is central SWIT’s operational activities, coordinating activities with volunteers and clients whilst undertaking key administrative tasks. The successful candidate will be involved in training and supporting volunteers. They will work closely with all staff members at the charity, including the CEO, speech and language therapist, as well as administration and fundraising staff.
What's essential is that you love what you do. We want you to enjoy coming to work every day and to care about your job, your colleagues, and our beneficiaries. If you think you can do an outstanding job for us, then we'd love to hear from you.
Volunteer Coordinator Role Profile
Main duties will include:
- Creating a volunteer recruitment plan to support the SWIT one to one support offer for people with aphasia and aphasia cafes
- Organising volunteer inductions and further training for volunteers on therapy apps and supported conversation
- Matching volunteers and clients and booking appointments for the SWIT Speech & Language Therapist (SLT) and CEO
- Providing administrative support for the charity SLT and CEO ahead of appointments.
- Tracking volunteer and client appointments and ensuring reports are submitted by volunteers in a timely manner and that they are of the required standard.
- Organising the volunteer competency scheme and peer support network, liaising with the SWIT SLT and CEO
- Advising volunteers and clients when the iPad loan process comes to an end.
- Providing one to one support to clients, if required
- Completing home visiting risk assessments in clients homes, as required
- Support new projects which seek to further develop the charity’s reach
- To undertake such other duties which are commensurate with the role
- Good general level of education or equivalent work-based experience
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills.
- Good administrative and record keeping skills including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully both verbally and in writing
- Good technical literacy of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with CRM databases, and maintaining accurate records
- Good interpersonal skills including listening and display empathy
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to manage self, and work with others at all levels
- Demonstrate a commitment and enthusiasm for supporting people with aphasia and their carers.
- Have access to a car for work purposes and hold a full current UK driving licence
- Experience of supervising volunteers or mentoring/coaching others
- Previous experience of working in the third sector and supporting people with disabilities and/or people who are socially isolated.
Interviews will be held in Wakefield or on Zoom on Wednesday 26th January
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.