Job title: Graphic Designer
Location: Remote working in the UK
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Contract term: Full time, Permanent contract
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown then fold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
We are looking for an experienced, fast-paced Designer to join the Speakers for Schools Marketing and Communications team to work alongside our existing Creative Designer to help visually promote and communicate the Speakers for Schools story nationwide.
This role requires a multi-talented full-spectrum print and digital creative and graphic designer to lead the charity's visual communications. Excellent InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills are essential, alongside the ability to work at a fast pace with a keen eye for detail.
You will need to demonstrate strong design and typographic skills, have lots of imagination and be a good communicator who understands the demands of working for a fast-moving, entrepreneurial charity.
- Support our existing Creative Designer with collateral creation including slide decks, one-pagers, social assets, videos, etc.
- Liaising with the Marketing Manager to maintain workflow best practice and ensure a sound understanding of briefs and content requirements.
- Working alongside the wider MarComms team to create visually appealing and story-driven content for all programmes, campaigns and channels including collateral, images, videos, GIFs, etc. in keeping with the brand style.
- Video content creation to support all programmes and the charity’s work as a whole.
- Sound technical skills, to assist with PDF editing, CMS management and web optimisation.
- Work alongside our Digital Marketing Executive to provide ongoing design support and management of the Speakers for Schools website (WordPress CMS) and linked microsites.
- Providing occasional support to the Development Team and UX Designer on projects related to the Speakers for Schools systems.
- Working alongside our Creative Designer to ensure brand management and enforcing brand guidelines.
- Generate new ideas and ways of working to challenge and evolve our content and practices to help bring the charity’s brand to life.
- Extensive, full-spectrum digital and print graphic design experience.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstratable knowledge of print design such as brochures, annual reviews, flyers and ad mock-ups and a strong understanding of print standards and quality.
- Demonstratable knowledge of digital design including UX mock-ups, image and video content creation, social media assets and graphic design. UX skills are desirable but not essential.
- Strong skills and experience with video editing and design from concept creation to completion.
- Understanding and experience with brand management and guardianships.
- Website design and WordPress CMS management.
- Good communication skills to ensure all relevant team members are advised of your progress and capacity.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes whilst maintaining a key eye for detail.
- A reliable team player with a positive, hands-on approach to working.
We are looking forward to holding video interviews through October 2021. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restrictions to be considered.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- Work From Anywhere in the UK (now and beyond the pandemic)
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays plus the morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV, portfolio, a covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role and your current notice period (if applicable).
This application will close at 5:00pm on Friday 8th October 2021.
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.