Job title: Regional Fundraising Manager - North East
Location: Based remotely in the UK, ideally with knowledge of fundraising in the North East
Responsible to: Head of Engagement
Salary: up to £38,000 per annum
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown then fold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
We are seeking motivated and ambitious Regional Fundraising Manager. We have a big ambition, and our fundraising targets reflect this ambition, our ideal candidates can demonstrate a track record of fundraising with a particular focus on corporate and community group fundraising. You will have strong networking and presenting skills and understanding the importance of delivering exceptional stewardship to maximise income and long-term partnerships. An understanding of local and trust opportunities would also be an advantage.
Reporting to the Head of Engagement, with a dotted line reporting to the Regional Fundraising Lead, you will be proficient at planning and prioritising multiple calls on time and be able to work independently towards financial and non-financial targets and KPI’s. A Strategic thinker, you will use your understanding of the region and fundraising experience to develop and deliver and exciting strategy that will drive fundraising and embed Speakers for Schools into the communities it serves.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop and broaden regional corporate partnerships.
- Research, identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders and supporters across the region.
- Work with the Head of Engagement (and their teams) and the Regional Fundraising Lead to develop local campaigns and bespoke compelling case for support.
- Ensure all enquiries are followed through in a timely and professional manner.
- Update Salesforce and ensure all activity is compliant with data protection, policies and procedures.
- Identify new fundraising events and opportunities to attract new audiences who align to our ambition.
- Provide monthly reports to the Head of Engagement and Regional Fundraising Lead.
Education / Experience / Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent research skills
- Strong track record in delivering to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Evidence of good negotiation skills
- Highly computer literate, with particular experience of using Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to build successful relationships with all Stakeholders.
- Fundraising experience
- Events management experience
- Relevant experience in corporate communications, stakeholder management and other relationship building activities
- Experience in report writing
- Experience using Salesforce
We are looking forward to holding video interviews through October 2021 and appointing our Regional Fundraising Manager swiftly so we can start delivering a difference in October and beyond. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restrictions to be considered.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
The closing date for this role is Friday 27 October.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.