Role: Work Expereince Coordinator
Location: Remote in the UK
Responsible to: Head of Engagements
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Roles available: 3
*Please note, if you do not submit a covering letter your application will not be accepted*
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
This role sits within our Engagement team and is crucial to the delivery of the charity’s programmes.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responding to enquiries from schools and students regarding questions about the application portal registration process and general troubleshooting
- Helping with technical delivery processes using both our in-house software and that of external partners
- End-to-end technical support for partners, schools, and students
- Enabling stakeholders in the delivery of work experience and charity programmes
- Data Management and CRM
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records and generating reports
- Responding to and managing stakeholder queries via email and telephone
- Supporting the delivery of charity programmes
- Experience in a similar delivery-focussed role within a small, fast-paced organisation
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Experience of using CRM software to achieve the tasks outlined above
- Good customer service skills that mean queries are answered professionally and clearly
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Ability to clearly communicate with students to ensure they understand our processes and are able to access opportunities
- Are sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excel at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Think strategically and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
- Experience of working in programme support in education charities
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of supporting young people via charity programmes
- Experience of using Google Classrooms
We are looking forward to holding video interviews and appointing our Work Experience Coordinator swiftly. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restrictions to be considered.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
This role will be closing on or before Friday 29th October.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.