Account Manager, Work Experience
Who we are
Speakers for Schools is a national social mobility charity. We work across the UK to inspire young people and help prepare them for the world of work through innovative programmes and practical experiences of the workplace. Through our Research and Policy work we seek to change the landscape to ensure every young person has access to high quality work experience opportunities.
We work in partnership with schools and a network of over 700 leading employers to deliver outstanding opportunities for the young people who need our help the most, be they from under-represented groups or areas of disadvantage.
In the last two years our team has grown significantly as we embarked on a mission to help as many young people as possible and to scale our operations accordingly. We are now entering the next phase of that journey which is to focus on the quality of our impact, with work experience for all at the heart of our offer, while exposing young people to all their possible futures through our network of inspirational speakers.
To keep growing and developing our charity and our impact, we need the very best people.
We have huge ambition for both the young people we exist to serve and for our people who all deserve the opportunities to grow, develop and realise their full potential.
We are committed to diversity, inclusion in all forms, while maintaining a culture that is supportive, transparent, values driven and driven by a determination to be the best.
Speakers for Schools Values
PASSION: We are committed to levelling the playing field for young people across the UK, creating social mobility and tackling disadvantages.
AGILITY: We challenge our ideas of what is possible in order to better meet the needs of those we support. We are human, make mistakes, learn, evolve and adapt.
INTEGRITY: We act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We value and respect the talent, time and intentions of those we work with.
COLLABORATION: We are one team with one mission and only by working together can we deliver better outcomes for young people. We support each other unconditionally and feel motivation in shared success as well as individual progress.
DIVERSITY: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, identities, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our organisation succeed. We encourage constructive debate and critical friendship.
This role is crucial in driving forward support for, engagement with and coordination of high-quality and high-impact multi day work experiences for high-need young people across the UK. Experts in the coordination and delivery of multi-day work experiences.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of opportunities from initial programme scoping with non-income generating employers to securing commitments, monitoring young person applications, programme design and implementation, and employer follow up.
- Responsible for account management of corporate partnerships as agreed by the development team
- Securing commitment from employers to deliver multi-day work experience opportunities.
- Account management for employers throughout their work experience journey.
- Supporting the account management of corporate partners by delivering on their work experience programmes as agreed by the business development team and coordinating with other programme teams to ensure committed delivery takes place.
- Training employers to use SfS products in the coordination and delivery of their placements, including but not limited to Portal and Google Classroom.
- Working closely with Delivery Partners to ensure seamless delivery of work experience opportunities.
- Leading on all employer engagement and meetings with your dedicated accounts.
- Developing and disseminating impact reports to employers at the end of their contract and in line with impact and evaluation framework.
- Working closely with Education team to ensure school engagement in areas of work experience activity and in line with charity’s target areas.
- Providing best practice guidance and advice on work experience programme set up and content.
- Responsible for delivery and completion of own work experience placements and the operational and administrative activity required.
- Providing cover and support for other Work Experience Managers as required.
- Taking ownership of own capacity management using capacity management frameworks to help inform future workload planning.
- Adherence to data compliance, standards, guidelines and best practices to ensure our data integrity and consistency.
- Represent and work to our values as, fostering a culture of positivity, support, respect, and inclusivity, while taking personal responsibility for their attitude, performance, and development.
- Ensure safeguarding best practice is enshrined in all organisational activity.
Experience / Knowledge
- Experience in a similar environment working with a variety of stakeholders
- Clear and concise communicator, capable of producing written content to a professional quality
- Confident liaising with and managing relationships particularly with stakeholders from all levels
- Comfort and experience in working with technology and data management
- Sociable and confident and able to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excels at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Has a growth mindset, able to challenge and provide innovative solution
- Experience working / creating networks in the South of the UK
- Experience of account management
- Previous experience working with HR/Recruitment/CSR/Engagement teams an advantage
- An understanding of the UK Education System and a familiarity with careers provision within UK schools and colleges would be an advantage
- Proficient use of the Salesforce CRM, to track relationships and ensure proper data management
- Interpreting and using data in Excel and Powerbi
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- 3 voluntary days per year
- Wellbeing Programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Subsidised office furniture
- Perkbox discounts
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
Speakers for schools is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.