*Please note interviews will start before the deadline, so please do not wait to apply*
About the role
Working closely with the CEO and two programme managers, the communications officer will see through projects that help create meaningful engagement with teachers and students, as well as helping amplify our outreach so stakeholders know the impact they are having through their support.
You will be the sole dedicated in-house communications professional with a range of opportunities to grow and work on a variety of projects affecting our brand and engagement. You'll need to be a self-starter that is excited by the idea of harnessing a wide variety of communication channels to engage our audiences, and competent in producing materials to a high standard for the most senior stakeholders and offices, from government to FTSE companies and public figures.
This is a 95% office-based role in Central London working in comms production and channel management. Please be sure to read more about our charity’s work before applying.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Confident in managing multiple organisational social media accounts with a large network of high-profile stakeholders
- Have experience managing website updates using CMS' such as WordPress
- Confident in creating online and offline content for social media and the website including news stories, short edited videos, PDF guides and images.
- Have experience planning, managing and delivering strategic communications plans; campaign experience useful.
- Experience working directly with management to translate outreach goals to communication tactics and adpat messaging.
- Have an understanding of the UK state education sector
- Competent in using design software packages, e.g. InDesign/Canva.
- Good understanding of Google Analytics.
Want to apply?
- **Please download our recruitment pack attached in the 'additional documents' at the side of this advert for full details of the role and application requirements.**
- Please apply as soon as possible as interviews will start during the advertising period.
We are looking to close applications by 1st May.
- To apply, submit a short covering letter, your CV as well as 1-2 samples of your marketing, communications, social media posts or PR work. (Please note: do not include editorial work or academic publishing). Please simply include a link or screenshots in your CV file.
- Please note, per the above, unfortunately, applications without cover letters or samples will not be considered due to the high volume of applications. Let us know why you are applying to our charity and this is right for your next role.
- Employment will be subject to proof of existing eligibility to work in the UK and receipt of satisfactory references.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please do not contact us about recruiting services or as third party recruiters, we are only interested in direct applications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.