Job title: Country Partner – Wales (part-time 18.5 hours a week)
Location: Wales (Based remotely, with frequent travel to stakeholders across your country)
Responsible to: Head of Wales
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 FTE salary, £12,500 - £14,000 pro-rata
The ability to speak proficient Welsh is desirable for this role.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and highly networked Country Partner to join our dynamic, fast-growing charity in Wales.
Are you passionate about better connecting young people in Wales with employers to inspire, inform and support their career journey?
Could you help us create an ecosystem between schools, their students and businesses?
Do you have a background in education and enterprise co-ordination?
Do you have experience in business development and delivering against targets?
If you can answer yes to the above, please read on to find out more about this role within Speakers for Schools.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders ensuring an exceptional experience.
- Creatively communicating with stakeholders to keep them engaged and active.
- Proactively reach out to schools and employers to onboard them to our mission.
- Collaborate with the delivery team to ensure a seamless service for work experiences.
- Working with internal systems and processes for a slick operation and clear reporting.
- High energy communicator with consistency, character and care, ensuring all you reach feel motivated to work with you as an eminent champion for employability in your country.
- Detailed operator with the wide vision to see the whole scope of your country and connect the dots to open up vast pathways for student experience with logic and efficiency.
- Key collaborator able to connect with the national team and the London head office, to gain what you need to support your region and give to our overall charitable objectives.
- Good experience working in or around careers and employability
- Good experience networking, relationship managing or community building experience.
We are looking forward to holding video interviews through January 2021 and appointing our Country Partner swiftly so we can start delivering a difference in February and beyond. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restriction to be considered.
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata to part-time hours)
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please also let us know your preferred working pattern for this part-time role.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
We will be closing this on or before Friday 1st January 2021.
Our new team member will start ASAP.