Please note: Your application will not be considered without submitting a cover letter and including your notice period.
Role: Delivery Administrator
Are you a good fit?
You want to work with a highly respected and aspirational brand, at the heart of a network of many of the UK’s leading figures and employers.
You know that technology has a significant role to play, but that human interaction and relationships are of even greater importance.
You want to feel like a valued member of a growing team, in an organisation which recognises that that its people are not just a number, but its greatest asset and part of an extended family, working together to support each other to meet organisational and not just individual goals.
Ideal candidates will be looking for a demanding post in a fast moving entrepreneurial charity. This is an exciting time to join our team as we take Speakers for Schools to the next level. Multi tasking ability a must.
You should be sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
What is Speakers for Schools?
Founded by ITV Political Editor Robert Peston (Trustee), and chaired by Andrew Law (Caxton Associates), Speakers for Schools was created to help level the playing field for UK state schools and their students by giving them the same access to the UK’s leading figures from politics, business, science, sport, the arts and more, as that enjoyed by private schools.
Bill Gates, Baroness (Martha) Lane Fox, Professor Brian Cox, David Dein, David Cameron, Natalie Bennett, Ed Balls, Naomi Campbell and over two thousand other influential, eminent and inspirational people, have been kind enough to volunteer their time to speak with Speakers for Schools. Almost a million Young People have attended a Speakers for Schools talk.
In 2016, we launched our Experience Programme. Experience works with our outstanding network of speakers and partner employers, to offer young people, amazing work experience opportunities, which would often be out of reach to them.
Our Experience Programme has more than trebled in impact since September as employers such as the Bank of England, M&C Saatchi, Disney, Spotify, Santander, Morgan Sindal, BA, BP, Cisco and others offer placements to thousands of Young People. In March we launched a ground-breaking virtual work experience programme in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Main purpose of role
Hours: This role will be full-time (37.5 hours) & Permanent.
Location: We are currently working from home. This role will be based at our London office (near City Thameslink), but you will only be required to work from the office for up to 50% of your working week.
Application deadline: Please see below regarding notifications and start date.
What you’ll be doing:
Schools and Student Management
- Responding to enquiries from schools and students regarding questions about the application portal registration process and general troubleshooting
- Processing new user registrations on our portal
- Outreach and onboarding of new schools and colleges
- Supporting our Virtual Programmes
- Helping with technical delivery processes using both our in-house software and that of external partners, as well as helping to run training session with other members of our employer team
- Supporting a new tech product launch
- Outreach to new schools and colleges regarding the product, securing a commitment of engagement and undertaking the full onboarding process
- Technical support for Employers
- Using our in-house software to support the technical processes our employer partners use to recruit for and run work experience placements
- Data Management and CRM
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records, generating reports to aid impact reporting and funding evidence
Skills and Proficiencies:
- Experience in a similar delivery-focussed role within a small, fast-paced organisation
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Experience of using CRM software to achieve the tasks outlined above (preferably Salesforce)
- Good customer service skills that mean queries are answered professionally and clearly
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Experience communicating with educational establishments and a familiarity with how schools and colleges operate
- Ability to clearly communicate with students to ensure they understand our processes and are able to access opportunities
We are looking for people who:
- Are sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excel at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Think strategically and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
It's not just a matter of qualifications. As an eclectic team, one size does not fit all. A degree level qualification may be useful, but experience, effort and amazing communication skills is just as valuable.
How to Apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Please make it clear in your cover letter what previous experience you have working with Salesforce.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
We will be closing this on or before Friday 28th August.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
Reference ID: Delivery Administrator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.