Role Title: Delivery Co-ordinator, Enrichment Activities
Location: Remote working in the UK
Responsible to: Programme Manager
Salary: £24,000 to £27,000
Contract: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Monday 6th December at 10:00am
Interview Date: Friday 10th December between 12:00pm and 5:30pm.
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown then fold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
In spring 2021, in partnership with the charity Book Clubs In Schools, Speakers for Schools launched the first National Teen Book Club. 14-19 year-olds from across the UK came together online to discuss a book, hear from authors and illustrators, and to work on their own creative writing pieces. The objectives of the programme include supporting young people to develop a passion for reading, gain insights into creative career opportunities and enhance their communication skills.
After a successful pilot, with positive feedback from young people and educators alike, we are now looking to scale the programme. Our plan is to grow the National Teen Book Club, as well as piloting other National Clubs that offer enrichment activities to young people across the UK. We plan to reach at least 50,000 young people through these activities this academic year. The Delivery Partner (Enrichment Activities) role will be crucial to the delivery of this exciting programme.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Working with the Programme Manager to develop and streamline delivery processes that help to pilot and scale our National Clubs for young people
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries from schools and young people regarding questions about the sign-up process and general troubleshooting
- Sending communications to educators and young people to enthuse them about the enrichment activities and get them signed up
- Technical hosting of National Clubs in Google Classrooms and end-to-end technical support for partners, schools, and young people
- Leading on Data Management and CRM processes for the National Clubs; ensuring the delivery of the Enrichment Activities complies with Speakers for Schools’ safeguarding and data protection processes
- Enabling stakeholders (including leading authors) in the delivery of these activities
- Inputting new data, maintaining existing records and generating reports
- Taking on board feedback from young people and educators, and working with the Enrichment Activities team to enhance the programmes
- Updating and managing adverts for the Enrichment Activities on Speakers for Schools platforms.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in a delivery-focussed role within a small, fast-paced organisation
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Experience using CRM software to achieve the tasks outlined above
- Excellent customer service skills that mean queries are answered professionally, quickly, and clearly
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes
- Sociable, confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders – from teenagers to educators to leaders in their field
- Ability to clearly communicate with 14-19 year-olds to ensure they understand our processes and are able to access opportunities
- Strategic and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
- Excel at organising workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support with
- Passionate about levelling the playing field for young people, and tackling educational inequality.
- Experience supporting the delivery of charity programmes (ideally those supporting young people)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience communicating with educational establishments and a familiarity with how schools and colleges operate
- Experience using Google Classroom
- Passionate about reading and literacy, and/or other enrichment activities we may offer (such as podcasting, debating, enterprise)
- Experience of safeguarding and data protection in programmes supporting young people
- Experience developing new processes to improve experiences for customers or service users
- Experience supporting the growth of charity programmes
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible by submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role will is Monday 6th December at 10:00am.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 10th December between 12:00pm and 5:30pm.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, it is not possible for us to reply to everyone therefore, if you have not heard from us by Friday 10th December please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.