Job title: Employer Engagement Manager
Location: Based remotely in Wales
Responsible to: Head of Engagement Wales
Starting Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
Full recruitment banding: £28,000 - £38,000
Contract: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing date: Wednesday 24th August 2022 at 9:00am.
Interview Date: Thursday 1st September and Friday 2nd September
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Although this role is based remotely, having good employer engagement skills and sound knowledge of the Welsh economic landscape is required. Please note, you may be required to travel to client locations in and around Wales; therefore, you should live within a commutable distance without impacting productivity or adding a substantive financial burden to the charity, to be successful in your application. This role will cover all areas in Wales so please only apply if you are based in Wales.
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Speakers for Schools Values
PASSION: We are committed to levelling the playing field for young people across the UK, creating social mobility and tackling disadvantages.
AGILITY: We challenge our ideas of what is possible in order to better meet the needs of those we support. We are human, make mistakes, learn, evolve and adapt.
INTEGRITY: We act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We value and respect the talent, time and intentions of those we work with.
COLLABORATION: We are one team with one mission and only by working together can we deliver better outcomes for young people. We support each other unconditionally and feel motivation in shared success as well as individual progress.
DIVERSITY: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, identities, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our organisation succeed. We encourage constructive debate and critical friendship.
Working to targets you will focus on business development by researching and reaching out to new business as well as account management of existing relationships in your dedicated region. You will work to deliver our customer experience across a portfolio of programmes, forging a regional ecosystem to provide quality experiences for young people with regional employers.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Effective business research, employer engagement and business development skills to enable outreach to and onboarding of new host employers, helping to grow our employer network to reach ambitious targets for Experience and Progression Programmes (and others as they develop).
- Delivering commercial income from employers, and education & training providers to meet ambitious regional income targets
- Account managing relationships with participating employers, education & training providers, supporting them in the design of programmes (where appropriate) and engagement with our leading technology platform.
- Outreach to discount and opportunity providers, helping grow the range of discounts and opportunities for young people through our Youth Card programme.
- Responsible for delivery and completion of own operational and administrative activity.
- Supporting programmes as needed on any contact, phone conversations with stakeholders, programme delivery tasks and wider charity work in support of wider organisation aims and needs, particularly during peak delivery periods.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience of employer engagement and business development with a variety of stakeholders and owning, managing and delivering an ambitious commercial target.
- Experience in a similar environment working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Clear and concise communicator, capable of producing written content to a professional quality.
- Confident liaising with and managing relationships with stakeholders from all levels.
- Competent and experienced in working with technology and data management.
- Proven capability of working through high volumes of work and delivering on targets across varying objectives within delivery.
- Sociable, confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Excels at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Fluent in the Welsh language
- Previous experience working with HR/Recruitment/CSR/Engagement teams an advantage
- An understanding of the UK and particularly the Welsh Education System and a familiarity with careers provision within UK schools and colleges would be an advantage.
- Proficient use of the Salesforce CRM, to track relationships and ensure proper data management.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- 3 voluntary days per year
- Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Subsidised office furniture
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
Speakers for Schools is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating discrimination.
Disability Confident Employer
Speakers for Schools are glad to be Disability Confident Employers. This means that if you have a disability and you meet the minimum criteria for the role you will be invited to interview.
Please note that in certain recruitment situations, such as a high number of applications and seasonal and high-peak times, Speakers for Schools may limit the overall number of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
We usually ask for a CV and covering letter to be submitted as part of the application process. However, we understand that this is not always accessible to everyone, so we welcome video and phone call applications as alternative ways to apply. For additional information or support, please contact us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, that if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role will Wednesday 24th August at 9:00am.
Successful candidates will be invited to interviews on Thursday 1st September and Friday 2nd September 2022. Please try to be available this week as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.