Role: Engagement Coordinator
Location: Remote in the UK
Responsible to: Inspiration Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
*Please note, if you do not submit a covering letter your application will not be accepted*
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has doubled in size in the past year. This has supported 278% growth in our Experience programme and 10% growth in our Inspiration programme during the past 12 months.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost two hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
The Engagement Coordinator role is crucial to the delivery of the Inspiration programme and ensuring our key stakeholders (speakers and schools) are engaging with the charity. Our Inspiration Programme provides a network of today’s most inspiring figures across business, arts, politics and more donating their time to help inspire students to fuel their ambition. We are passionate about providing a high quality and personal service, making it seamless for speakers, educators and organisations to get involved.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Managing own the speaker network including mobilising speakers, responding to speaker queries, and ensuring they feel supported by the charity. Driving forward speaker participation with the charity
- Securing talk confirmations and progressing talks through the pipeline from matching speakers to schools, coordinating with schools and ensuring all stakeholder expectations are met
- Coordinating, hosting and producing virtual events and broadcasts for the Inspiration programme
- Working independently and swiftly on high-volume outreach and mobilisation within a structured programme plan to meet targets, as agreed and set by the Inspiration Manager
- Taking ownership of speaker network and planning approaches and engagement for the academic year
- Contacting speakers as agreed with Inspiration Manager
- Maintaining and increasing quality of SfS talks and providing speakers with feedback from schools and pupils
- Securing media collateral from talks as required
- Ensuring consistent and accurate updating of CRM and ensuring proper data management
- Confidently discussing SfS and our goals, aims via email communication, virtual meetings, and telephone
- Attending schools talks on behalf of the charity and where required
- Developing stakeholder’s relationships with speakers to maintain their participation in the charity
- Flexibility and a willingness to get stuck in and help with any tasks the team require support for
- Other duties as required, within the scope of your role.
Education / Experience / Knowledge
- Experience in a similar delivery-focussed role within a small, fast-paced team or organisation
- Experience using Microsoft packages, including Outlook
- Experience of using CRM software to achieve the tasks outlined above
- Good customer service skills that mean queries are answered professionally and clearly
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes
- Are sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excel at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Think strategically and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of producing, hosting and managing the technical functions of virtual events and broadcasts
- Experience communicating with educational establishments and a familiarity with how schools and colleges operate
We are looking forward to holding video interviews and appointing our Inspiration Coordinator swiftly. You must have the right to work in the UK without visa restrictions to be considered.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity if at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
Interviews will be scheduled as applications are received, before the closing date, and will take place over Microsoft Teams. We may appoint before this date depending on applications.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
This role will be closing on or before Friday 29th October.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the closing date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.