Job title: Engagement Lead (London & South East)
Location: South East and London
Responsible to: Head of Engagement – London and the South East
Salary: £36,000 to £39,000 (plus London Weighting where applicable)
Contract: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Monday 6th December at 10:00am
Interview Date: Monday 13th December or Wednesday 15th December
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Speakers for Schools are a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown then fold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives through raising aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference to by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Supporting the Head of Engagement in your region, you will take a lead role in focussing on relationship building in your community and will be responsible for connecting a network of schools, colleges, employers and partners in your dedicated region. You will line manage a team of Regional Engagement Managers in working to deliver our customer experience across a portfolio of programmes, forging a regional ecosystem to provide quality experiences for young people with regional employers.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Providing line management support to the team of Regional Engagement Managers, including managing probation periods, carrying out 121s, measuring performance against objectives, carrying out termly appraisal reviews and absence management.
- Outreach to and onboarding of new host employers, helping to grow our employer network to reach ambitious targets for Experience and Progression Programmes (and others as they develop).
- Supporting the Head of Engagement to map activity and work strategically across the region
- Outreach to and onboarding of education and training providers, supporting our Progression Programme to reach ambitious targets.
- Account managing relationships with participating employers, education & training providers, supporting them in the design of programmes (where appropriate) and engagement with our leading technology platform.
- Outreach to discount and opportunity providers, helping grow the range of discounts and opportunities for young people through our Youth Card programme.
- Delivering commercial income from employers, and education & training providers to meet regional income targets.
- Responsible for delivery and completion of own operational and administrative activity.
- Supporting programmes as needed on any contact, phone conversations with stakeholders, programme delivery tasks and wider charity work in support of wider organisation aims and needs, particularly during peak delivery periods.
Key skills and experience:
- Previous experience in managing and supporting a diverse team to deliver both individual and team targets
- Must be resident in your own region or have knowledge and experience of business in the region
- Experience in a similar environment working with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience working with corporate or high-profile stakeholders on youth engagement programmes (ideally related to work experience, future talent or corporate social responsibility/citizenship in some way)
- Extensive experience connecting with senior leaders, selling through talent, recruitment or CSR solutions
- Clear and concise communicator, capable of producing written content to a professional quality
- Proven capability of working through high volumes of work and securing targets across varying objects within delivery
- Sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thinker and can change tactics while still meeting larger objective
- Experience of leading a team to deliver commercial income
- Previous experience working with HR/Recruitment/CSR/Engagement teams an advantage
- An understanding of the UK Education System and a familiarity with careers provision within UK schools and colleges would be an advantage
- Experience of implementing business opportunities and new ideas to generate growth
- Use of the Salesforce CRM to track relationships and ensure proper data management
- Working towards high targets delivering commercial income
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. Diversity is at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible by submitting your CV and a one page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role will is Monday 6th December at 5:00pm.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Monday 13th or Wednesday 15th December. Please note, as part of the interview process you will be required to prepare a presentation. The details of the presentation will be shared with you in the interview invitation
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, it is not possible for us to reply to everyone therefore, if you have not heard from us by Friday 10th December please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.