Job title: Head of Region - West Midlands & South West
Location: Remote working in the Midlands or the South West
Responsible to: National Engagement Director
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
Contract: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Monday 14th February at 12:00 pm
Interview Date: Friday 18th February
Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Although this role is based remotely, having knowledge of employer engagement in the Midlands or the South West is required. Please note, you may be required to travel to client locations in and around the Midlands & the South West; therefore, for some roles you should live within a commutable distance without impacting productivity or adding a substantive financial burden to the charity, to be successful in your application.
Speakers for Schools is a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown tenfold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives by raising the aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify, PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
This role is intended to lead a team in a dedicated region to deliver our customer experience across our portfolio of programmes.
You will manage direct reports to support schools, employers and stakeholders across the region. Coaching outstanding performance, measuring and raising standards through KPI management and ensuring the team remains engaged and motivated to perform.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
The role will be responsible for:
- Growing and leading the region to deliver significant national growth in Experience and Youth Card Programmes.
- Working with regional stakeholders (Local Government, EBPs, Employer Groups, Large and Medium-sized employers and others) to deliver partnership opportunities resulting in Experience and Progression opportunities as well as discounts and other opportunities for young people.
- Leading your team engagement with employers, and education and training providers to embed the progression programme as and when this is launched, which will contribute to your team income.
- Managing senior-level relationships across organisations and institutions based in your region.
- Leading the delivery of commercial and philanthropic income to meet organisational income targets in your region.
- Responsible for delivery and completion of own operational and administrative activity.
- Ensuring employer and placement targets are met in your area and delivered in line with organisational targets.
- Ensuring that discount and opportunity targets are met in accordance with organisational targets.
- Leading on the delivery of regional School, College and Young person programme enrolment targets for Experience, Progression and Youth Card.
- Leading on the promotion of Inspiration opportunities to schools, colleges and young people in your region to increase engagement.
- Delivering the regional engagement stakeholder strategy as defined by the National Engagement Director.
Key skills and experience:
- Must be resident in your own region
- Must have experience of managing a team
- Professional experience with a proven track record of effective Programme delivery in a relatable area
- Demonstrable experience working with corporate or high-profile stakeholders on youth engagement programmes (ideally related to work experience, future talent or corporate social responsibility/citizenship in some way)
- Confident, highly professional communicator and able to create written briefs, documents and presentations to a high standard
- Sociable and confident and happy building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excel at organising their workload and enjoy driving work forward independently
- Think strategically and can change tactics while still meeting larger objectives.
- Experience in leadership in a scaling organisation.
- Experience in implementing business opportunities and new ideas to generate growth.
- Experience implementing monitoring and impact processes.
- Working knowledge of the UK state education sector, including career-related opportunities and funding opportunities.
- Advanced level of IT competency, ideally with experience of Salesforce, sophisticated e-management software and comfortable with a bespoke online portal.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and to eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid-19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role is Monday 14th February at 12:00pm.
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on Friday 18th February. Please keep this date free as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.