Job title: Opportunities Partnership Officer
Location: Remote working, London office available for successful candidate
Responsible to: Director of Opportunities
Salary: £26,000 to £32,500 (including London weighting)
Contract: Full time, 37 hours a week (Immediate Start)
Closing Date: Monday 24th January 2022 at 12:00 PM
Interview Date: Tuesday 25th & Wednesday 26th January 2022
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period.
Speakers for Schools is a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown tenfold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives by raising the aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify, PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities for all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Launched by leading youth charities, Speakers for Schools, UK Youth and Young Enterprise, in July 2021. Youth Card aims to deliver high-quality, high-impact discounts, programmes and opportunities directly to the hands of young people. Youth Card is a free mobile app that will enable young people in the UK – particularly those with the highest need – to take charge of their futures. Following a successful launch, we are in the process of growing the Youth Card team with the addition of six new roles.
As part of the Youth Card team within Speakers for Schools, you will report to the Director of Opportunities. You will work with some of the UK’s leading brands, and lesser-known ones, to broker meaningful discounts and life preparing opportunities, for young people across the UK. Although these roles are not income targeted, we are seeking results-driven business development professionals to help us win a flow of exciting discounts and opportunities in order to help young people get a positive start in their lives.
The main purpose of the role is to identify and engage retailers, service providers and other organisations up and down the country to provide opportunities for the Youth Card. Brands, which have already joined include Misguided, Fatface, LookFantastic, National Express, Cotswold, Snow+Rock, Holland and Barrett, and Bicester Outlet Village. As members of the European Youth Card Association, Youth Card holders can also access 60,000 discounts across 36 other European nations.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Pitching products and services for the Youth Card Programme
- Developing and maintaining a portfolio of discount and opportunity providers
- Cultivate new leads and work towards KPI’s
- Manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or partner accounts in our CRM system
- Represent the brand during all partner and prospect interactions
- Educate businesses and opportunity providers on how products or services can benefit them
- Work closely with the Charity
General duties and responsibilities
- From time to time, the post holder may be required to work at any of the Charity’s sites in line with organisational needs
- All staff must ensure confidentiality and security of information dealt with in performing their duties. They must comply with and keep up to date with Charity policies and legislation on confidentiality, data protection, freedom of information and computer misuse.
- All staff are required to adhere to and act consistently with all relevant health and safety legislation and Charity policies and procedures in order to ensure that their own and the health, safety and security of others is maintained
- Staff will actively promote the Charity’s commitment to equality and diversity by treating everyone with dignity and respect
- All employees should take a proactive approach to personal development in order to ensure that skill sets are aligned to the demands of the role as it evolves and develops to meet the organisation’s changing needs
- All employees are responsible for protecting, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults
- It is the responsibility of all employees to conduct all business honestly and ethically
- Staff should uphold and demonstrate the Charity’s values
- All staff should be aware of their responsibilities to protect the reputation of the charity, e.g. social media and behaviour
- Staff should be willing to undertake any activity deemed appropriate by the charity that aligns with skills, experience and knowledge
- High energy communicator with consistency, character and care, ensuring all you reach feel motivated to work with you
- Comfortable managing end to end sales cycles
- Passionate about making a positive difference
- An open and likeable personality, with honesty and integrity
- Autonomous approach with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Key skills and experience:
- 3+ years full-time sales, business development and/or partnerships experience, including lead generation
- Proven track record in new business development
- Passionate about supporting young people to achieve their full potential
- High degree of ethics and professional standards
- Highly motivated with a drive to achieve success
- Strong organisational skills and a collaborative approach
- A natural leadership style, able to gain respect and work as a team player with a range of people
- Able to communicate and respect diverse teams
- Track record of delivering results and working towards sales targets
- Proven negotiation and presentation skills
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those whose employment has been affected by Covid-19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and a one-page covering letter that outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role is Monday 24th January 2022 at 12:00 PM.
Successful candidates will be invited for a formal interview on Tuesday 25th January or Wednesday 26th January 2022. Please keep these dates free as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP (as early as 31st January 2022).
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.